The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

UoM ID card photo guidelines help?

Photo Guidelines

The University requires a good quality style photo which must meet the following criteria:

show you on your own, no other people or pets

be taken against a pale background, with a clear difference between your face and the background

full face image, head and shoulders only

be a recent colour photo, not black and white

no glasses unless you normally wear them

show your full head, without any head covering, unless you wear one for religious beliefs or medical reasons

Please do not submit the following:

inappropriate or obscene photos/images

photos/images of someone else or copyright protected images

...that's fair but I don't have any plain 'pale' walls to take a photo against, seriously. I do have bright coloured plain walls that show a clear difference between my face and the wall but I'll be honest, I'd blend into a damn pale wall anyway -.- How serious is this? The only plain walls I have are blue or red/coral then the 'pale' ones all have patterns.
Original post by flyyoufools
...that's fair but I don't have any plain 'pale' walls to take a photo against, seriously. I do have bright coloured plain walls that show a clear difference between my face and the wall but I'll be honest, I'd blend into a damn pale wall anyway -.- How serious is this? The only plain walls I have are blue or red/coral then the 'pale' ones all have patterns.

I'm sure there are other walls you can use - if the outside of your house is painted white or is in a pale coloured stone, if a friend / relative has a plain pale wall, or alternatively you could just go to a photo booth.

Don't they give you the option of having your photo taken there and then? They used to...
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by Origami Bullets
I'm sure there are other walls you can use - if the outside of your house is painted white or is in a pale coloured stone, if a friend / relative has a plain pale wall, or alternatively you could just go to a photo booth.

Don't they give you the option of having your photo taken there and then? They used to...

My house is orange brick and doesn't have any clear parts because it's all windows and vines >.< Yeah I'll try it's just a bit of an extra hassle really. I'm not sure but the email gave the option of doing it now so I thought I'd get it out of the way. Thanks x
Reply 3
My house is orange brick and doesn't have any clear parts because it's all windows and vines >.< Yeah I'll try it's just a bit of an extra hassle really. I'm not sure but the email gave the option of doing it now so I thought I'd get it out of the way. Thanks x

lol that house sounds insane. Just take it in a digital photo booth or put some white paper on the wall behind where you take the photo or something?

Hardly the most difficult conundrum you'll face over the next 4 years :p:
Original post by samba
lol that house sounds insane. Just take it in a digital photo booth or put some white paper on the wall behind where you take the photo or something?

Hardly the most difficult conundrum you'll face over the next 4 years :p:

It's some old victorian house in the woods that's why :L Meh booths are too expensive, I'll just do the paper thing or do it when I'm somewhere else with a plain wall. I was just hoping there would be some leeway because my pale skin messes up the "clear difference between your face and the background" part -.- Ah well
Reply 5
It's some old victorian house in the woods that's why :L Meh booths are too expensive, I'll just do the paper thing or do it when I'm somewhere else with a plain wall. I was just hoping there would be some leeway because my pale skin messes up the "clear difference between your face and the background" part -.- Ah well

Why not just scan in your passport photo from your passport lol? That's what I did :p:
Original post by samba
Why not just scan in your passport photo from your passport lol? That's what I did :p:

Because my passport photo was a last minute thing when I had glandular fever soooo I don't look anything like myself :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending