The Student Room Group

should I take AS level Latin OR Spanish ???????

I got an A star at both at GCSE and love both languages . I am starting AS spanish soon and am starting to think it might be a bad decision . The reason for this is because at AS level spanish you have to write an essay in the exam rather than having time to prepare it at home and with spanish speaking you cant prepare it at home either unlike at GCSE. I am not very good at writing in English and find it very hard to come up with things to say so im thinking spanish may be very difficult with me. I love latin but the grammar is so difficult ... I am unsure of which one to take and would appreciate any advice !!!!!many thanks.
( i will be doing either AQA spanish / OCR latin)
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Sophia_xx
I got an A star at both at GCSE and love both languages . I am starting AS spanish soon and am starting to think it might be a bad decision . The reason for this is because at AS level spanish you have to write an essay in the exam rather than having time to prepare it at home and with spanish speaking you cant prepare it at home either unlike at GCSE. I am not very good at writing in English and find it very hard to come up with things to say so im thinking spanish may be very difficult with me. I love latin but the grammar is so difficult ... I am unsure of which one to take and would appreciate any advice !!!!!many thanks.
( i will be doing either AQA spanish / OCR latin)

i done spanish last year, the essay wasn't that bad because most of the questions are quite similar and there is only so much they can ask you, the main thing to do is just explain your points and use good vocab and structures, the speaking wasn't to bad neither, it all just takes practice, the more writing and speaking you do the more you will feel confident. Good luck!
Reply 2
AS Latin! For prestige! For glory!

Quick Reply

Latest