The Student Room Group

Has Anyone Studied 'Jerusalem' by Jez Butterworth?

I'm meant to be writing a paper on him and I've lost all my notes which I am so confused about because they have just vanished, I'm gutted because I know they were a good basis for an essay. Has anyone studied this book can we have a creative discussion about this book people can we get my creative juices flowing :P

I personally love this play I think it is one of the best satirical plays i have ever read. The way Butterworth has addressed social and political problems head on is amazing, he also said that he didnt mean for any of the religious allusions in the play, but I dont know if i believe this :s
Hey,
You might get a response in the english literature study forum http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=3934-Degree-level-English-literature
Reply 2
Hi, I'm doing this too and need help with my coursework. In my question I have to address 'how far' Jez butterworth subverts the traditional comic structure (story of chaos and problems ending in resolution and marriage). Anyone have any suggestions or help for addressing this kind of question and of any Shakespearean comedies which are similar to Jerusalem?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending