The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
hey alll! have to admit danni_bella83 wot u sed was very gud! and i agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jus sorry i toook a while to answer! work and trainin' :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
Sargoth
I know there was a thread about anti-blonde remarks a while back, but I’m new this forum. I didn’t want to post in a month’s old forgotten thread, so I started this one. I just want to speak up for guys who say they hate blondes. I have to admit that I prefer girls with dark hair. Especially black. But why do I say I hate blondes? Well, if you’re constantly being force fed something you don’t like, you’ll learn to hate it real quick. I mean almost 2/3 of all brunette women lighten their hair. It’s getting almost impossible to find available brunettes anymore. Many people have a certain top of person that they’re attracted to. My type happens to be women with long black hair, and blue or green eyes. Simple enough, it would seem, but surprisingly I rarely find any women who meet this description. The last time I saw one was like six months ago before she ended up going blonde (big surprise :rolleyes: ). I feel like I’m being force fed blondes. I’m to the point where blondes are invisible to me. Unless, I recognize one that used to be an attractive brunette, in which case I can’t help but wince, and think “There goes another one.” Also there’s all the hype for blonde women. Blonde ambition. Legally blonde. Blondes have more fun. Gentelmen prefer blondes. Where is all the hype for brunette women to counter this? Answer: THERE IS NONE! That’s why guys like me have a reason to vocally express our extreme distaste for blondes.
I’ve noticed recently on some boards there are starting to be more guys speaking out about their hatred for blondes, and some blonde women are feeling insulted. Hypocritically enough, these blonde women also said they prefer guys with dark hair, but felt self conscious that some guys say they don’t find blonde women attractive. Well, when blonde guys are considered the stereotype of the ideal man, and dark haired males are brow beaten into dying there hair blonde in overwhelming numbers, and 75% of the male population is blond (real or fake), then the women who like dark haired men might have something to complain about.
I’m sorry, I just don’t find blonde women attractive. NONE of them. Blonde women to me just seem like spoiled snotty little girls. I’ve talked this over with many of my friends, and while most of them aren’t near as extreme in their views, they all prefer brunettes. And after doing some looking around on the internet for some hair color preference polls it appears my friends and I are not alone. Check these links out:

http://www.free-press-release.com/news/200402/1076414770.html

http://channels.netscape.com/ns/celebrity/package.jsp?name=fte/besthairstyle/besthairstyle

http://www.misterpoll.com/results.mpl?id=4128024209

http://www.bestandworst.com/pages/voteresult/voteresult-1735.html

It seems gentlmen DON’T prefer blondes after all. :tongue:

I dont have anything against blondes, cos alot of my mtaes are blonde and theyre really nice. But I do agree with abit of what you were saying, blondes do get all the attention and so many gilrs dye there hair blonde, y?
Yeah brunettes never get looked upon, I have black hair and Im proud of it. I would never dye it another colour.

So why does every man like blonde haired girls? My Shane Filan married a blonde haired girl :frown:

Look at Jessie Wallace, she has black hair and ever so beautiful.
Reply 142
I hate the association of blonde and dumb!

In the summer my hair goes light blonde b/c of the sun and then winter it cools down to a brown. I've never dyed my hair, and don't plan on until I go grey :eek:
Reply 143
I am a natural blonde, i like my hair but (and this is a bit selfish) it annoys me when loads of people dye their hair blonde cos then havin blond hair is not as 'special' (i have a feelin i will be ripped for this post)
Its just annoyin that the things i like about myself can be changed relatively cheaply and easily eg hair colour, yet the things i dont like i am enevitably stuck with
I think that the bleached blondes are responsible for the blonde stereotype, as probably the proportion of thick girls is evenly spread across natural hair colour, but so many dye their hair.
Also I never know whether to laugh at blond jokes or not cause quite often theyre funny and i dont find them particularly offensive but then i feel like a traitor!
~*Opal*~
Also I never know whether to laugh at blond jokes or not cause quite often theyre funny and i dont find them particularly offensive but then i feel like a traitor!

Laugh away, they're not supposed to offend you, unless you're my friends girlfriend who cried at one once when i said it...what the hell?
Reply 145
BlueAngel

blondes do get all the attention

Blondes do NOT get all the attention, trust me.
All my friends have dark hair and get just as much
attention, usually even more, than I do.

Anyway whats the big deal wit blonde hair, its just a hair colour?
flompy
Anyway whats the big deal wit blonde hair, its just a hair colour?

Exactly what i was thinking. I hardly make it a requirement for people to have or not have blonde hair, there are many, many more important factors than that.
Reply 147
hehe, blondes are cool, as they say "blondes have all the fun but brunettes have dirty minds", i always used to idolise blond girls, like wow she was so fit, but i only ever get with brunettes for some reason (maybe cos they tend to be fitter and more intelligent :tongue: and i know far to many Essex peroxide girls).
Reply 148
tis_me_lord
Laugh away, they're not supposed to offend you, unless you're my friends girlfriend who cried at one once when i said it...what the hell?
What was the joke?
Sargoth
I know there was a thread about anti-blonde remarks a while back, but I’m new this forum. I didn’t want to post in a month’s old forgotten thread, so I started this one. I just want to speak up for guys who say they hate blondes. I have to admit that I prefer girls with dark hair. Especially black. But why do I say I hate blondes? Well, if you’re constantly being force fed something you don’t like, you’ll learn to hate it real quick. I mean almost 2/3 of all brunette women lighten their hair. It’s getting almost impossible to find available brunettes anymore. Many people have a certain top of person that they’re attracted to. My type happens to be women with long black hair, and blue or green eyes. Simple enough, it would seem, but surprisingly I rarely find any women who meet this description. The last time I saw one was like six months ago before she ended up going blonde (big surprise :rolleyes: ). I feel like I’m being force fed blondes. I’m to the point where blondes are invisible to me. Unless, I recognize one that used to be an attractive brunette, in which case I can’t help but wince, and think “There goes another one.” Also there’s all the hype for blonde women. Blonde ambition. Legally blonde. Blondes have more fun. Gentelmen prefer blondes. Where is all the hype for brunette women to counter this? Answer: THERE IS NONE! That’s why guys like me have a reason to vocally express our extreme distaste for blondes.
I’ve noticed recently on some boards there are starting to be more guys speaking out about their hatred for blondes, and some blonde women are feeling insulted. Hypocritically enough, these blonde women also said they prefer guys with dark hair, but felt self conscious that some guys say they don’t find blonde women attractive. Well, when blonde guys are considered the stereotype of the ideal man, and dark haired males are brow beaten into dying there hair blonde in overwhelming numbers, and 75% of the male population is blond (real or fake), then the women who like dark haired men might have something to complain about.
I’m sorry, I just don’t find blonde women attractive. NONE of them. Blonde women to me just seem like spoiled snotty little girls. I’ve talked this over with many of my friends, and while most of them aren’t near as extreme in their views, they all prefer brunettes. And after doing some looking around on the internet for some hair color preference polls it appears my friends and I are not alone. Check these links out:

http://www.free-press-release.com/news/200402/1076414770.html

http://channels.netscape.com/ns/celebrity/package.jsp?name=fte/besthairstyle/besthairstyle

http://www.misterpoll.com/results.mpl?id=4128024209

http://www.bestandworst.com/pages/voteresult/voteresult-1735.html

It seems gentlmen DON’T prefer blondes after all. :tongue:

As a natural blonde i find your thread insulting. Why do people have the attitude that blondes are dumb and that they should be hated? It is so stereotypical- there are many blondes out there who have brains and are gorgeous so it would be nice if people were treated like individuals and not a bunch of clones!!! Also boys, us girlies don't have a certain hair colour just to please you alone you know so stop expecting us to change our hair colour to meet your demands!!!

Lou
xxx
(Blonde and proud of it)!!!!
_Shines_
I hate the association of blonde and dumb!

In the summer my hair goes light blonde b/c of the sun and then winter it cools down to a brown. I've never dyed my hair, and don't plan on until I go grey :eek:

me too!
well i hope so!
how can you hate all blondes?

yeah you can prefer people with brown hair(i do) but hating all blondes is a little extreme
I never said I hated blondes, read my message.
BlueAngel
I never said I hated blondes, read my message.

i couldn't be arsed to read the entire post

just read the title
Reply 154
sparkly_tiara
As a natural blonde i find your thread insulting. Why do people have the attitude that blondes are dumb and that they should be hated? It is so stereotypical- there are many blondes out there who have brains and are gorgeous so it would be nice if people were treated like individuals and not a bunch of clones!!! Also boys, us girlies don't have a certain hair colour just to please you alone you know so stop expecting us to change our hair colour to meet your demands!!!

Lou
xxx
(Blonde and proud of it)!!!!

so, surely he is entitled to his opinion and whether he lieks segments of society based on their hair colour is discriminatory but you aint gonna change it.

People tend not to have the attitude that blondes should be hated but many have the attitude that they are dumb. Do you know why, because most of the blonde girls that i know are dumb and loud and obnoxious and think they are all that (the acquired blondes are the worst). From the girls i know, the brunettes are generally smarter. So its a generalisation and like most steroetypes is bad (damn i shoulda put this example in the GS paper yesterday). Blondes tend to be treated as a bunch of clones, because often they are, witness the phenomena of the Essex Perooxide girls, they are giggling stupid, carbon copies of each other, although i agree you should be treated as individuals which is why i try hard not to make first impressions.

However, i reckon the trouble is because blondes think its cool to be dumb. :biggrin:
JSM
so, surely he is entitled to his opinion and whether he lieks segments of society based on their hair colour is discriminatory but you aint gonna change it.

People tend not to have the attitude that blondes should be hated but many have the attitude that they are dumb. Do you know why, because most of the blonde girls that i know are dumb and loud and obnoxious and think they are all that (the acquired blondes are the worst). From the girls i know, the brunettes are generally smarter. So its a generalisation and like most steroetypes is bad (damn i shoulda put this example in the GS paper yesterday). Blondes tend to be treated as a bunch of clones, because often they are, witness the phenomena of the Essex Perooxide girls, they are giggling stupid, carbon copies of each other, although i agree you should be treated as individuals which is why i try hard not to make first impressions.

However, i reckon the trouble is because blondes think its cool to be dumb. :biggrin:

Ok, fair point but it does annoy me personally because i am the total opposite of the "typical blonde"! I am a really reserved person, shy, studious and don't tend to say dumb things on purpose just to live up to the expectations that others expect to see because of my hair colour. I think i get really furious about discrimination over blondes because i had an awful teacher in year 9 who was totally unfair to me. I got put in the top set for science and he was a new teacher and the first thing he noticed was that i was the only blonde. He asked me to stay behind after lesson one day and said to me "look love, i know you might try hard to be clever but it's ok, i don't expect much from you because you cant help being naturally blonde"!!!! He said this really seriously and made me so mad but i didnt say anthing to anyone because i knew he would deny it! Anyway, i proved him so wrong by getting an EP in my science SAT but it just annoyed me the way he treated me because of my hair colour! He did get sacked in the end though because of racial comments so it seems like he was discriminative towards anyone slightly different. Evil man!

Lou
xxx
I like being brunette. Blondes are more often branded 'up for it' and slags, which is a bit unfair on them. Look at big brother at the moment. Vanessa the undresser they call her and yet Michelle was snogging Stu ages before Vanessa snogged Jay - who's minging I might add.
you should not judge people by how they look. people do not chose the way they are born. you never know you might fall in love witha blonde one day. :smile:
As a natural blonde, I also find this offensive, not to mention shallow. Hair color is only hair color--it doesn't make a person who they are. You only become the person you are through what you do in life, and the decisions you make. Hair color can't help you determine who a person is and their personality or their level of intelligence--it's just a color like any other color.
Next time you see a blonde, or any other person for that matter, get to know the person first before you make a judgment on them.
Oh, blinkin' heck. Can someone lock this? The threadstarter doesn't post here anymore, the thread's redundant, other than making a sudden resurgence every month or so...

Latest

Trending

Trending