The Student Room Group

So do blond guys only like girls who have similar traits as them or what?

Ok I got to admit that I’m semi-ranting. Every guy that has shown interest in me are all dark haired. But I’m not interested in them at all. Personally, I’m only interested in guys with lighter features(especially hair) and although girls have the tendency to adore the “dark tall handsome” archetype. I find most guys labelled as such boring and I rarely feel any attraction towards them. (Personal opinion, most gals will disagree dw) I don’t think I’m ugly and not to sound vain, I think I am decently attractive. But after a recent rejection, I feel as if I’ve lost all self esteem. FYI, the guy who rejected me has wavy blond hair and blue eyes about 5’8 and I have medium brown wavy-curly hair and brown eyes and about 5’6. We’re both white (although I am also a quarter Chinese but I don’t look Asian at all). I told my friend the story and she just said that it’s because blond guys just aren’t interested in brunettes and they only like girls who look like them. So I was wondering if y’all agree with this.
Reply 1
No.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Ok I got to admit that I’m semi-ranting. Every guy that has shown interest in me are all dark haired. But I’m not interested in them at all. Personally, I’m only interested in guys with lighter features(especially hair) and although girls have the tendency to adore the “dark tall handsome” archetype. I find most guys labelled as such boring and I rarely feel any attraction towards them. (Personal opinion, most gals will disagree dw) I don’t think I’m ugly and not to sound vain, I think I am decently attractive. But after a recent rejection, I feel as if I’ve lost all self esteem. FYI, the guy who rejected me has wavy blond hair and blue eyes about 5’8 and I have medium brown wavy-curly hair and brown eyes and about 5’6. We’re both white (although I am also a quarter Chinese but I don’t look Asian at all). I told my friend the story and she just said that it’s because blond guys just aren’t interested in brunettes and they only like girls who look like them. So I was wondering if y’all agree with this.

Not at all!!Everyone has different taste, and it can and does change depending on the person you meet. You might start off saying that you only like blond guys and then get to know someone who is the complete opposite but who ticks all the other more important boxes, so that you end up falling for him. And the same thing goes in the other direction.
(edited 9 months ago)
So tired of these silly threads about ''does x nationality/ethnicity only like y nationality/ethnicity''. No group is a monolith, people are individuals and have different tastes. Honestly so bizarre that this has to keep being spelled out for people on here.
We're not going to make it are we?

People I mean
I would advise against going to this friend for dating advice in future.
Reply 6
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
So tired of these silly threads about ''does x nationality/ethnicity only like y nationality/ethnicity''. No group is a monolith, people are individuals and have different tastes. Honestly so bizarre that this has to keep being spelled out for people on here.

😂😂😂😂😂
Reply 7
Original post by Euapp
Not at all!!Everyone has different taste, and it can and does change depending on the person you meet. You might start off saying that you only like blond guys and then get to know someone who is the complete opposite but who ticks all the other more important boxes, so that you end up falling for him. And the same thing goes in the other direction.

Alright! Thanks for saying that. I really appreciate your comment and thanks to that, I’ve changed my mind! To be honest I haven’t had these criteria’s before until I thought about it after my friend who’s also a blond told me about how people usually are attracted to traits that resemble theirs. Then, I started thinking about if I’ve had a bias towards looks and other peoples biases. And to be completely frank, it was my fault for mentioning I’ve only been interested in 2 people romantically in my life before and both happened to have light-ish features so I irrationally came up with that conclusion.
Reply 8
Original post by Sorcerer of Old

Sorry, I know what you mean. It’s just that previously when I wrote the post I was feeling a bit extra down. I guess it was my way of coping with rejection by blaming my failure with hair colour.
Reply 9
Original post by StriderHort
We're not going to make it are we?

People I mean

Damn- I’m sorry geez. But that comment was quite brutal.
Original post by Anonymous
Sorry, I know what you mean. It’s just that previously when I wrote the post I was feeling a bit extra down. I guess it was my way of coping with rejection by blaming my failure with hair colour.

General colouring (skin, hair and eyes) is very rarely a dealbreaker for most people even if folk do have specific traits they like on paper.
(edited 9 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending