The Student Room Group

Hate being tall

I'm 5'11 or nearly 6ft, I'm a girl, I'm 18 yrs old. I havent grown in a while so i think i've stopped. My family is quite tall but i hate being tall.
The only thing good you get out of it is that clothes tend to look more flattering on me. While i'm grateful for this, I dont think anyone would fall in love with me.

I'm not like a model, I'm dont have skinny legs. I used to do loads of sports when i was younger so i got alot of muscle so i just feel big. I don't rlly wanna change as I like my body, I'm not unhealthy and i dont want to change the workouts i enjoy. I just feel like other tall girls are elegant and could model but i am athletic which makes me seem bigger. I hate it.

I always think i stand a chance with someone but then i remeber how tall I am. No guys like tall girls, even if they do - i havent met anyone that likes me height and i think i may be single forever. I wouldn't even mind dating someone my height. I just want someone my height or taller. I wish i was like 5'7. I know relationships don't make the world spin but it certainly makes me feel rubbish when i know its pretty much one of the only or biggest factors why i havent been in a relationship.
I saw this guy and we made eye contact for a little longer than the usual so i thought he could find me attractive but i always get hit with the realization that he was probably looking at me because im like the BFG.
Even taller guys seem to not like tall girls, i base this on social media which i know isnt a good idea but it does give a large variety of stuff and that seems to be the main thing going on. I'm not attracted to shorter men, i'm sorry.

I've just always hated my life and i cant even change it. idk how reliable height reduction is but i would rather kmys that do height reduction surgery if i get to the age of 23 with no romance in the past or in sight. Anyone relates or advice?
If it helps, I know girls who are taller than you who are in loving relationships.

I don't think a lot of men care about height differences that much.
Reply 2
It’s fine, while being short is an appealing female trait, tall women also have their fans. It’s not an issue like men being shorter
“No guy likes tall girls”. Come on now, that’s very dramatic and patently untrue. There are lots of larger ladies in loving relationships. I remember when I was in the Netherlands (they’re all giants there), and I saw so many couples where the woman was taller than the man.
Reply 4
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
“No guy likes tall girls”. Come on now, that’s very dramatic and patently untrue. There are lots of larger ladies in loving relationships. I remember when I was in the Netherlands (they’re all giants there), and I saw so many couples where the woman was taller than the man.

i don't have the money to go and live a life in the netherlands but maybe one day
If it makes you feel better it’s better than be a short man
Original post by Anonymous #1
i don't have the money to go and live a life in the netherlands but maybe one day

That's not what Sorcerer of Old was suggesting...
Reply 7
Original post by 5hyl33n
That's not what Sorcerer of Old was suggesting...

oh rip i guess we'll never know
Original post by Anonymous

Never know what?

We will know because I’m going to explain it. Now. You don’t need to pack up and cycle to Amsterdam, the point is there are bucket loads of couples out there where the woman is tall, if a guy seriously likes you as a person he’s not just going to dump you because you’re 5’11”, that would be very shallow.
I'm 5'11 or nearly 6ft, I'm a girl, I'm 18 yrs old. I havent grown in a while so i think i've stopped. My family is quite tall but i hate being tall.
The only thing good you get out of it is that clothes tend to look more flattering on me. While i'm grateful for this, I dont think anyone would fall in love with me.

I'm not like a model, I'm dont have skinny legs. I used to do loads of sports when i was younger so i got alot of muscle so i just feel big. I don't rlly wanna change as I like my body, I'm not unhealthy and i dont want to change the workouts i enjoy. I just feel like other tall girls are elegant and could model but i am athletic which makes me seem bigger. I hate it.

I always think i stand a chance with someone but then i remeber how tall I am. No guys like tall girls, even if they do - i havent met anyone that likes me height and i think i may be single forever. I wouldn't even mind dating someone my height. I just want someone my height or taller. I wish i was like 5'7. I know relationships don't make the world spin but it certainly makes me feel rubbish when i know its pretty much one of the only or biggest factors why i havent been in a relationship.
I saw this guy and we made eye contact for a little longer than the usual so i thought he could find me attractive but i always get hit with the realization that he was probably looking at me because im like the BFG.
Even taller guys seem to not like tall girls, i base this on social media which i know isnt a good idea but it does give a large variety of stuff and that seems to be the main thing going on. I'm not attracted to shorter men, i'm sorry.

I've just always hated my life and i cant even change it. idk how reliable height reduction is but i would rather kmys that do height reduction surgery if i get to the age of 23 with no romance in the past or in sight. Anyone relates or advice?

If they like you, they won't give a crap how tall you are. It really doesn't matter, just find whoever is right for you.

relate so hard to this!! i’m 18 and like 5’10”, not skinny or athletic (but tall enough that i don’t look fat), don’t do sports or model (which seem to be the only things tall girls are appreciated for like it’s only okay if you’re tall if you’re deemed beautiful enough to model or competent enough to play sports), i have no boobs, AND on top of that i am indian so taller than basically all the men in my family (i have a genetic disorder). i’m not in the pits about my height exactly, but i haven’t had any romantic or sexual experience for a myriad of reasons and i totally relate to feeling undesired (even by tall men who all inexplicably seem to want 4’11” girls). it’s not even like i think I’m ugly i would even say i am prettier than average in my personal opinion but when you’re tall it always seems like the only option is to be a skinny blonde model or you are automatically overlooked (no pun intended).

anyways, i personally think its a terrible idea to do height surgery, because last i checked physically disabled women aren’t exactly chased after by guys. i think u just have to wait it out and trust that someone will come along. my mother has a 6’ friend who now wears heels (go her) and has her pick of basically any man she wants (she too has an athletic figure). so whilst i totally understand ur frustrations imo it will turn out fine !! and being confident in ur body is so much more important than what height you are. although i doubt men are staring at you because of your height as much as you think they are, i think it should be noted that when u find someone attracted to u in all ur 6 foot glory, chances are it will be because they don’t have a complex about their own height and will want a girl who is comfortable with herself. ik its easier said than done but just remember that anyone who doesn’t want you because of your height is not someone u want to be with anyways. ur value and ur beauty is not determined by how many dates u go on
Reply 12
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
We will know because I’m going to explain it. Now. You don’t need to pack up and cycle to Amsterdam, the point is there are bucket loads of couples out there where the woman is tall, if a guy seriously likes you as a person he’s not just going to dump you because you’re 5’11”, that would be very shallow.

LMAO I TOOK THIS IN THE WRONG WAY POSSIBLE.

good to know i don't need to learn dutch, thank you

Girl, you know what? Being tall is also a talent. You can become a model if you're tall. But you couldn't do that if you were short. All you need to do now is to study more and become a beautiful tall girl. Let everyone around you raise their head to look at you .
(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending