The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I spent so long getting Brownian motion nailed, word for word, last night.

Typical... :biggrin:
contemplating blaming OCR in my suicide letter!!
Original post by BrokenS0ulz
you know when we had to derive keplers third law, was that basically v=2pir/T, F=mv^2/r stuff, equating them and then subbing into F =GMm/r^2?

Yes
Original post by ETRC
that's not as bad as what i did

i messed up 6 easy marks on shm questions- my brain just decided to quit
and i completely forgot about direction in momentum

i don't even know why the questions were worded so crap

SHM part was a solid nope.
OCR must think they're bloody hilarious these two years absolute joke
38/60 for an A? last year g482 was 59/100 for an A
It wasn't really a hard paper I don't think...

Even thought I did ****, and will actually help lower the boundaries, it was just the psychological effects of not being able to do first q immediately.

Or second...

Or third...

Lmao jk
Reply 1586
I disagree with Kepler's 3rd law.

I conclude that r^3 is inversely proportional to T^2

Where r is the distance away from getting into uni and T is the total marks on that exam
Original post by chukster97
where was the 41? i dont remember seeing that

It had to be worked out from the given volume and temperature of the additional tank.
Well those first two questions were a joke. Rest of paper was ok but definitely made stupid mistakes. Any unofficial markschemes around?
what does everyone think an A grade will be?
For the last question where it asks you to find the Pressure. What did you guys do.

This is what I did,

Since T was the same in the tank and the other thing (forgot what it was called) it meant that P1 xV1 = P2 x V2 cause of Boyales law.

You knew then volume of both tanks and you knew the preassure of the first tank so I just subbed in and that's how I got P2, not sure if I did it right, I feel like I missed something.
Original post by Chung224
what does everyone think an A grade will be?

40 exactly? I hope it's lower than last year, but I don't think they can even go that low
Original post by ImLiterally12
Yup, I got 81 moles total i think. Not sure about the volume but I added both of them together.

I also got 81 moles total, giving 36.something moles for helium and not 41. I wonder what we did wrong. Any other 36ers?
Original post by ETRC
lost 3 marks on first page- question made no sense
probably lost 1 mark for a- i got a negative sign but correct answer
lost 3 marks for explanation afterwards

lost 6 marks in shm- my graph was not negative gradient, messed up a/x and amplitude was not decreasing

lost 3 marks somewhere for sure for some of the explain questions

didn't add up volumes (i still think my answer is correct and you don't add volumes) 1 mark

so at best i think i can get 45-46 with follow through marks

did worse in this than f324 lol

had to state newtons law of gravitation as a word equation hence you need to define G. another mark lost..
Original post by fatart123
40 exactly? I hope it's lower than last year, but I don't think they can even go that low

i doubt they'll be lower but i don't think they'll be much higher. will be higher but like 2-3 marks i think
Also where was like circular motion and Brownian motion o.o
Reply 1596
Original post by L'Evil Fish
It wasn't really a hard paper I don't think...

Even thought I did ****, and will actually help lower the boundaries, it was just the psychological effects of not being able to do first q immediately.

Or second...

Or third...

Lmao jk

Completely agree with you. If that first question was instead placed last it wouldn't have been such a difficult paper. I completely ****ed most of it up though 😭😭😭
Original post by verello12
For the last question where it asks you to find the Pressure. What did you guys do.

This is what I did,

Since T was the same in the tank and the other thing (forgot what it was called) it meant that P1 xV1 = P2 x V2 cause of Boyales law.

You knew then volume of both tanks and you knew the preassure of the first tank so I just subbed in and that's how I got P2, not sure if I did it right, I feel like I missed something.

thats wrong as cant use Boyles law as not constant mass. Helium was added...
Reply 1598
Original post by maattwileman
had to state newtons law of gravitation as a word equation hence you need to define G. another mark lost..

what the actual **** you had to define G?. I just wrote product of masses times G and said what G is. If you had to define G then the question is BS for 1 mark only.
This paper is the definition of ****.
Anyone got the modal answers?

Latest

Trending

Trending