The Student Room Group

Was this my fault or my universities fault?

So, I am a second year student who was allowed in just because I had passed every thing else very well from first year. I was resubmitting an assignment for the second time having failed the first time around. But my university made no effort to tell me when it was due or make any effort to update our online portal to give me his information. Anyways, having searched every where on the university portal, I emailed my tutor. My tutor replied saying he would forward this to my module leader. She didn't reply. My tutor replied saying, "has she replied?" A week later And I said "no". Then I emailed her asking the same thing. Anyways she decided to reply 13 days later telling me my assignment resubmission is due "in 2 days".

Things that also confused me, I had this module as one of my modules on my portal for this year. Under my results page, it said the module I failed I must redo WITH attendance so obviously here I am presuming it's okay, it will be due in January along with the new first year students.

Anyways. When she told me this, I was on a practice placement at the time and therefore couldn't even drop everything and get to work on it. Same for the following day. So on the day it was DUE I met with her she gave me little feedback on want to change and where I went wrong. So with a matter of hours I resubmitted this assignment.

So, if I failed this (which I bet I have due to being stressed and scared whilst doing my essay again) can they kick me off the course? I do not believe this was my fault.
I think your university and your module leader have been quite irresponsible not letting you know the deadline in advance. But I don't think not knowing your deadline is a good enough excuse for doing badly in your essay. I'm not trying to sound harsh, but couldn't you have started working on it once you knew you'd failed the first time round and had to resubmit it?

I hope this will turn out well for you.
Make an official complaint with your student officer in your department with evidence and screenshots of the email...............if they don't budge go to your SU.
Reply 3
Original post by Sempiternitas
I think your university and your module leader have been quite irresponsible not letting you know the deadline in advance. But I don't think not knowing your deadline is a good enough excuse for doing badly in your essay. I'm not trying to sound harsh, but couldn't you have started working on it once you knew you'd failed the first time round and had to resubmit it?

I hope this will turn out well for you.

Thank na you for the reply. I know and agree with what you are saying, but at the time I was on a practice placement where we work 12.5hour shifts. Had I known this previously, I'd have started a LONG time ago.

also, I questioned them about this 18days before the assignment date. Those 18 days would have been very sufficient for me to sort out my coursework.
Reply 4
Original post by Iqbal007
Make an official complaint with your student officer in your department with evidence and screenshots of the email...............if they don't budge go to your SU.

Hey

i have filed for extenuating circumstances about this, I am just worried if they refuse it, then they will kick me out, I just wanted some assurance this wasn't all down to me being an idiot.

If they say no to my EC then I'll make an appeal against that.
Reply 5
University's fault.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending