The Student Room Group

Pharmacy Interviews

Hey guys,
Anyone have any idea on how to prepare for pharmacy interviews?
Reply 1
My friend just read up on recent events that's been happening in the pharmacy industry. Just popular science books, science magazines and newspapers to keep up to date with things so there's at least something she could talk about that she knows well and finds interest in if the interview starts going downhill.

Try to keep calm, it's best to just be yourself and smile! Don't panick and get stressed by other people that are also going into interviews. At that point, whilst you're waiting, don't go talk to other people as that may stress you out, ignorance is bliss. Don't start revising chemistry and biology knowledge either. Just try keep a neutral mood and look around at the building or walls. Read a fiction book. Something that isn't related to pharmacy to keep your mind off of things. You want to sound natural and not heavily revised and saying things like a recorded robot.

You could practise doing interviews with your parents or friends. Write some possible questions and get them to pick a few randomly and ask for their feedback on your answers. It would be even better to practice with a stranger or someone you've never talked to in your school because at the end of the day, the interviewers have no idea who you are and first impressions are important. What you do and say in the interview is all they will have to judge on so make sure it's done well to compliment your personal staement and references. Good luck :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by jadys10
My friend just read up on recent events that's been happening in the pharmacy industry. Just popular science books, science magazines and newspapers to keep up to date with things so there's at least something she could talk about that she knows well and finds interest in if the interview starts going downhill.

Try to keep calm, it's best to just be yourself and smile! Don't panick and get stressed by other people that are also going into interviews. At that point, whilst you're waiting, don't go talk to other people as that may stress you out, ignorance is bliss. Don't start revising chemistry and biology knowledge either. Just try keep a neutral mood and look around at the building or walls. Read a fiction book. Something that isn't related to pharmacy to keep your mind off of things. You want to sound natural and not heavily revised and saying things like a recorded robot.

You could practise doing interviews with your parents or friends. Write some possible questions and get them to pick a few randomly and ask for their feedback on your answers. It would be even better to practice with a stranger or someone you've never talked to in your school because at the end of the day, the interviewers have no idea who you are and first impressions are important. What you do and say in the interview is all they will have to judge on so make sure it's done well to compliment your personal staement and references. Good luck :smile:

You're awesome, thank you so much. Do you happen to know what sorts of things they asked?
Reply 3
Original post by Kathyy
You're awesome, thank you so much. Do you happen to know what sorts of things they asked?

Would you mind giving me a rep? :wink: they ask a range of questions depending on universities, generally things about your knowledge on topics learnt in school, adapting it to a situation they provide you and how you would solve it, why you chose that uni, why that course, how will you be able to contribute etc. I woudk recommend you go fishing around waterstones in the medicine area for some good ucas/uni interviews questions book. I saw some in there once but forgotten the names. It's a huge book of question so I think it would be enough for you haha
Reply 4
Original post by jadys10
Would you mind giving me a rep? :wink: they ask a range of questions depending on universities, generally things about your knowledge on topics learnt in school, adapting it to a situation they provide you and how you would solve it, why you chose that uni, why that course, how will you be able to contribute etc. I woudk recommend you go fishing around waterstones in the medicine area for some good ucas/uni interviews questions book. I saw some in there once but forgotten the names. It's a huge book of question so I think it would be enough for you haha

Rep? Sorry, I'm new to this :colondollar: but thanks so much for your great advice
Reply 5
Original post by Kathyy
Rep? Sorry, I'm new to this :colondollar: but thanks so much for your great advice

It's thw thumbs up on the side :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending