The Student Room Group

KCL MPharm

Would I be considered for an offer if my personal statement in my UCAS application was geared towards medicine rather than pharmacy? I have also written a second personal statement for pharmacy and sent it to KCL but I am unsure on whether they will really look at this.
I was also wondering if interviews for KCL pharmacy would be held this year?

Scroll to see replies

Not sure completely on interviews, but KCL is quite in demand so I would expect to attend an interview. Additionally, I know Manchester has interviews for the course, and I would say they are not as in demand as KCL.

Have a look on their website and entry requirements, on Manchester's website for pharmacy entry they say that they want a personal statement that show's interest in pharmacy specifically:
"Because of the high volume of applications we receive, we will not consider those applicants who have chosen Pharmacy as a second option and whose personal statement is geared towards a different discipline (e.g. Medicine or Dentistry)."

Original post by hanahannah
Would I be considered for an offer if my personal statement in my UCAS application was geared towards medicine rather than pharmacy? I have also written a second personal statement for pharmacy and sent it to KCL but I am unsure on whether they will really look at this.
(edited 1 year ago)

Hi, I applied for KCL MPharm last year with a completely Medicine oriented PS but I still got an offer and now go there :smile:

Hey,
My personal statement is all to do with dentistry, applied to pharmacy at kings honestly just for the sake of it, wasn’t expecting to hear back. But to my surprise got invited for an interview on feb some time, so there is a possibility you can get an interview
Reply 4
Original post by Urmmm123
Hi, I applied for KCL MPharm last year with a completely Medicine oriented PS but I still got an offer and now go there :smile:

Did you have to attend the interview? My daughter has got the interview invite, but her PS is also medicine oriented.
Original post by xxxx754
Hey,
My personal statement is all to do with dentistry, applied to pharmacy at kings honestly just for the sake of it, wasn’t expecting to hear back. But to my surprise got invited for an interview on feb some time, so there is a possibility you can get an interview

but kings don't have interviews in their applications attached
Original post by yaqub has
but kings don't have interviews in their applications attached

Hey,
Interviews are an essential part of the assessment process, and our interviewers are assessing communication skills, exploring general social and ethical issues, normally health related, and assessing the interviewee’s general suitability for the programme and as a health professional, as well as how the interviewee will contribute to the university as a whole.

Those applying this year will be invited to an interview with a member of staff to take place online on Microsoft Teams during the Spring of 2023. The interview will be 30 minutes in duration and will be recorded for quality assurance and review purposes.

This was said on their website, they definitely do, I think they started it h Yh is yr Bcs when I was talking to pharmacy students at kings they all said they didn’t have an interview
(edited 1 year ago)

Heyy, how was the interview
They didn’t have any interviews last year
Original post by studynutella
Heyy, how was the interview
They didn’t have any interviews last year

They have it for this year cuz of the high volumes of applicants :/

Hi this is what's happening with me, I applied with a medicine personal statement so I was worried about it.
Any tips about the interview, do they ask why I applied for pharmacy although my personal statement it more medicine related.
Anything I could say in my interview for this?
Hey,
I did end up getting an interview despite my medicine related personal statement but at the same time I did write a completely new pharmacy personal statement for them to attatch to my application at KCL.
However I did get rejected from UCL pharmacy today cuz of my medicine geared application which is rly frustrating as I only originally put down 2 medicine options and now I don’t want to do medicine at all so I’m worried that will also be the case for KCL

That is really reassuring to hear! I rly hope the same happens for me as I’m not very keen on doing medicine anymore to be honest
Wishing u all the luck it’s so frustrating isn’t it😭 hoping we meet at KCL tho!
Hey, I have predicted grades of A*AA, but I applied with a medicine personal statement. Is there still a chance of interview at KCL for Pharmacy?
Has anyone done an interview for pharmacy that is med/dent applicant. Do u have to prepare for this kcl interview or is it easy
When are the last interviews supposed to come out?
Do u need a calculator for the interview? Does it say in the email before ur interview?
Yess id say so

Original post by stressstu23
Hey, I have predicted grades of A*AA, but I applied with a medicine personal statement. Is there still a chance of interview at KCL for Pharmacy?
Has anyone got an offer yet or know approximately when they will come out??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending