The Student Room Group

University of Manchester Pharmacy Interview Questions 2023

heyyy :smile: I have my interview for the University of Manchester this week for pharmacy and I'm really nervous. Has anyone done the interview and if so what kind of questions came up??.
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Verra
heyyy :smile: I have my interview for the University of Manchester this week for pharmacy and I'm really nervous. Has anyone done the interview and if so what kind of questions came up??.

I did the interview in December. Just prepare answers for the normal pharmacy questions and you'll be fine :smile: there is a bit where you explain a topic of your choice briefly from bio/chem, think that's just to see how you respond under pressure as I'm fairly sure i messed it up but still got an offer so...
good luck : )
Reply 2
Original post by a.d.3006
i did the interview in december. Just prepare answers for the normal pharmacy questions and you'll be fine :smile: there is a bit where you explain a topic of your choice briefly from bio/chem, think that's just to see how you respond under pressure as i'm fairly sure i messed it up but still got an offer so...
Good luck : )

thank youuu
Reply 3
I did the interview in December. Just prepare answers for the normal pharmacy questions and you'll be fine :smile: there is a bit where you explain a topic of your choice briefly from bio/chem, think that's just to see how you respond under pressure as I'm fairly sure i messed it up but still got an offer so...

also i heard that you have to practice maths gcse. Do they ask those type of questions?
do they ask questions about your personal statement
Original post by LuliaYOUSEF
do they ask questions about your personal statement

Hi, I just finished my interview right now and they haven't asked me any questions relating to my ps as well as any questions regarding bio/chem. I think each interview varies but they definitely did ask me the generic questions like why pharmacy and why at this uni.
Reply 6
Original post by cabbage3232
Hi, I just finished my interview right now and they haven't asked me any questions relating to my ps as well as any questions regarding bio/chem. I think each interview varies but they definitely did ask me the generic questions like why pharmacy and why at this uni.

I did my interview as well. What other universities did you apply to? How was the interview?
Original post by Verra
I did my interview as well. What other universities did you apply to? How was the interview?

how did the manchester interview go what did they ask you?
Original post by Verra

I applied to kcl ucl Kingston and Brighton. The interview idk went kind of well I guess. There weren’t questions that I wasn’t expecting but I feel like I answered the situational one pretty badly 😭. How was yours??
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 9
Original post by harry543
how did the manchester interview go what did they ask you?

The interview was fine just practice questions like why pharmacy why manchester I didn’t get any ethics or situational judgment questions and I also didn’t get questions on science or personal statement. They just asked questions about pharmacy’s for example how to improve access to pharmacy, but I do think that every interview varies so just be ready for anything. Hope this helps and dm me if you have any questions like resources and websites to use 😊.
Reply 10
Original post by cabbage3232
I applied to kcl ucl Kingston and Brighton. The interview idk went kind of well I guess. There weren’t questions that I wasn’t expecting but I feel like I answered the situational one pretty badly 😭. How was yours??

Mine was the same but I didn’t get any situational questions. I mean I did answer everything but some questions I was definitely less prepared than others😂.
Original post by Verra
Mine was the same but I didn’t get any situational questions. I mean I did answer everything but some questions I was definitely less prepared than others😂.

Sameee but let’s hope for the best!! Hopefully we’ll hear good news soon
Help!! I haven’t received any emails about an interview I asked and they didn’t reply via email I applied it mid Jan plz help guys I’m so stressed as it’s my first choice
Original post by Alevelhelp.1
Help!! I haven’t received any emails about an interview I asked and they didn’t reply via email I applied it mid Jan plz help guys I’m so stressed as it’s my first choice

Same! I applied then and have heard nothing about an interview yet... :/
Reply 14
Original post by sasu_101
Same! I applied then and have heard nothing about an interview yet... :/

Same, I've still heard nothing so far :/
Original post by smx11x
Same, I've still heard nothing so far :/

Hi!
I applied for Manchester at the beginning of December last year but they only got back to me for an interview on Tuesday and it is scheduled for the 5th of May
Thats literally like 2 weeks before the deadline…

But you’ll get one soon!
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 16
Original post by csyqnxwk
Hi!
I applied for Manchester at the beginning of December last year but they only got back to me for an interview on Tuesday and it is scheduled for the 5th of May

But you’ll get one soon!

Hi, that makes me feel better. Thank you sm!! Good luck with the interview!
Reply 17
Original post by Verra
The interview was fine just practice questions like why pharmacy why manchester I didn’t get any ethics or situational judgment questions and I also didn’t get questions on science or personal statement. They just asked questions about pharmacy’s for example how to improve access to pharmacy, but I do think that every interview varies so just be ready for anything. Hope this helps and dm me if you have any questions like resources and websites to use 😊.

what other questions did they asked you?

Hey, when you say a topic of your choice, did you get to choose any topic or did they give you a selection to choose from? Thank youuuu :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by csyqnxwk
Hi!

But you’ll get one soon!

Please let me know how it goes and what kind of questions they ask you e.g if they ask you any scenarios

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending