The Student Room Group

Aon Apprenticeships 2015

Hi everyone!

I'm new to TSR, so still finding my feet.

Just to introduce myself, I’m Laura and I will be one of the Official Reps on here for Aon. I work as part of the Early Careers Team and have joined to try to answer any questions you might have about apprenticeships.

We’ll be here most weekdays if you need us. How apprenticeships can be an alternative to university? What you could do to prepare for your application? What should you have for breakfast on the morning of your assessment centre? Any questions you have, we'll do our best to answer them as soon as we can.

Look forward to speaking with you all!

Laura
Reply 1
Can you apply for the apprenticeship even if you have finished university?

I am asking this because most companies require specific or 1/2+ year of experience in the relevant field that you have applied for. If you cant get experience in a post uni job it is quite hard!

Dwij,
Hi Dwij,

Thanks for your message.

Some apprenticeships may accept graduates, but unfortunately you will not be eligible to apply to Aon’s Apprenticeship programme.

Government supported apprenticeships have been developed as an alternative to university; therefore Aon are looking for A-level (or equivalent) students. We advertise the programme as being 18 months in duration; yet we continue to support an apprentice’s development in the years that follow in their career in the company. This level of apprenticeship is considered equivalent to degree.

Understandably, it is becoming more difficult to get that first opportunity in your chosen career. Many companies ask for relevant work experience; however, there are opportunities that consider applications from those with potential and those that have shown determination to get into an industry. Our graduate programme does exactly that! Take a look at our webpage to see if it is right for you. Please note; that graduate applications close midnight on Sunday 30th December.

My advice is to do plenty of research to understand the industry; read through online publications and blogs, look at company webpages, and be open minded (there are lots of helpful professionals that may be able to give you a few minutes of their time). Also in your application, consider your transferable skills in regards to extracurricular activities, and experiences in work and university.

I hope that helps. Good luck!

Laura
Reply 3
Can I have a job please? I support Manchester United.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ggmu!
Can I have a job please? I support Manchester United.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It’s great to hear you’re supportive of Manchester United! Another company now sponsor their kit, but Aon still have a close affiliation with Man U.

There are many supporters in the company; if you are interested in working with us too, please take a look at our Early Careers and Aon webpages to see if there are any opportunities that interest you. We are always interested to hear from people who can demonstrate their enthusiasm and potential, and who have a strong academic background.

On a slightly separate note; did you know that at 167 decibels, Manchester United fans have recently been ranked the loudest in the Premier League?! That’s certainly enthusiastic, but we wouldn't recommend it in the workplace...

Laura
Reply 5
Original post by Aon Early Careers Team
It’s great to hear you’re supportive of Manchester United! Another company now sponsor their kit, but Aon still have a close affiliation with Man U.

There are many supporters in the company; if you are interested in working with us too, please take a look at our Early Careers and Aon webpages to see if there are any opportunities that interest you. We are always interested to hear from people who can demonstrate their enthusiasm and potential, and who have a strong academic background.

On a slightly separate note; did you know that at 167 decibels, Manchester United fans have recently been ranked the loudest in the Premier League?! That’s certainly enthusiastic, but we wouldn't recommend it in the workplace...

Laura

Hahaha haha I totally forgot you don't sponsor the shirt anymore.

I'll actually check it though, Aon are the massive type of firm I'd like to work for one day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Glad to hear it! Good luck in your application, should you choose to apply. If you have any questions about the application itself, I'll try to answer them as best I can.

Laura
Reply 7
Hello I can't seem to find anything about apprenticeships on the Aon website, probably just me looking in the wrong place😯
Original post by Aon Early Careers Team
Hi everyone!

I'm new to TSR, so still finding my feet.

Just to introduce myself, I’m Laura and I will be one of the Official Reps on here for Aon. I work as part of the Early Careers Team and have joined to try to answer any questions you might have about apprenticeships.

We’ll be here most weekdays if you need us. How apprenticeships can be an alternative to university? What you could do to prepare for your application? What should you have for breakfast on the morning of your assessment centre? Any questions you have, we'll do our best to answer them as soon as we can.

Look forward to speaking with you all!

Laura

Hi I'm Kayla!

Aon apprenticeship scheme looks fantastic. The only problem i'm having is that i got B, C, D in my A levels which equals 240 UCAS but i have a C in my financial studies enrichment which is equivalent to 40 UCAS points, so overall i got 280 UCAS points will i still be able to apply? :frown:

Thanks in advance
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Joe4567
Hello I can't seem to find anything about apprenticeships on the Aon website, probably just me looking in the wrong place������

Hi Joe4567,

I am sorry for the delay in replying to you. You will find everything you need to know on the 'Apprenticeships' section on our aonearlycareers.co.uk webpage. Here you will be able to find information about each of the 3 streams - The Actuarial, Consultant and Insurance Apprenticeships. We are recruiting for a start date in late September 2015.

If you do decide to apply, take the time to consider your responses to the questions in relation to the role you are applying for. Of course, if you identify with more than one of the programs and you meet the requirements, then you are welcome to apply to more than one.

If you need anything else, please do get in touch.

Good luck!
Laura
Original post by insertausername
Hi I'm Kayla!

Aon apprenticeship scheme looks fantastic. The only problem i'm having is that i got B, C, D in my A levels which equals 240 UCAS but i have a C in my financial studies enrichment which is equivalent to 40 UCAS points, so overall i got 280 UCAS points will i still be able to apply? :frown:

Thanks in advance

Hi Kayla,

It's great to hear of your interest towards the Aon Apprenticeship programs.

Unfortunately applicants onto the Consultant and Insurance Apprenticeships needs to achieve a combination of 3 full A-levels that adds up to at least 280 UCAS points (we will accept equivalent qualifications e.g. BTEC, Level 3 diplomas).

You may be eligible to apply to our Actuarial Apprenticeship - you require at least 240 UCAS points; however, you require at least a C grade in a Maths-related subject.

I hope this helps you, Kayla.

Many thanks
Laura
How long does the initial screening usually take after sending off the application?
Original post by jackbooth984
How long does the initial screening usually take after sending off the application?

I was thinking the same. I sent my application off around early April and got an email a few weeks after saying they're screening them - heard nothing since!
My friend applied for the consultant one and got an interview in February too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending