The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

so in june 2013 it was a*57 a 50 b 43 c 36 d 30 e 24

what do you guys think of this paper in comparison to june 13?
Worst paper ever. Why is it always our year they decide to put some complicated crap we have never seen. Better lower the boundaries.
Ugh didn't do asymptotes on the graphs!
Grade boundaries must be low!
image.jpgThis is what I got, people agree?
Haha good one. When is the real c3 exam edexcel?
Original post by MCMXCVIII
Nah. I got y is 5 for the asymptote. It was just reflected on the y axis.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put y=0 because the rest of the function veered above y=5?
Pretty tricky exam.How many mark will I lose for the range question if I gave the answers in decimals as opposed to in e terms?
Wait for arsey guys 👍🏻

Posted from TSR Mobile
How many marks was the last question? I somehow missed the whole question out. FML!
Original post by HappyHumanist
I did a reverse proof thing for the identity question (I multiplied by the denominator, and then again) and managed to get the LHS. Do you think I'd be credited for this?

That should be fine (and is totally something I should have tried)
[QUOTE="chrissy96x;56918139"]so in june 2013 it was a*57 a 50 b 43 c 36 d 30 e 24

what do you guys think of this paper in comparison to june 13?[/QUOTE. Definetly similar boundaries because this exam was worse than the june 13 paper surely?
Please vote on this poll:

http://strawpoll.me/4609429
Original post by xyzmaster
C4?

You need A*'s in both C3 and C4 to get an A* overall :frown:
Original post by chrissy96x
so in june 2013 it was a*57 a 50 b 43 c 36 d 30 e 24

what do you guys think of this paper in comparison to june 13?

I reckon 65 for A*, it was nowhere near as difficult as June 2013 was at the time
Original post by LukeTownsend123
image.jpgThis is what I got, people agree?

Yes all but on your last question there is meant to be a 3 in the numerator
What was the co ordinates of A in the iteration question ?
To all those people who think this paper was easy, I will find you and I will boil your brain
I sat the paper last year, June 2014. And this was a fair bit harder in my opinion. I would guess 66/65 for an A* and 59/58 for an A will be needed
Original post by hodgem
Pretty tricky exam.How many mark will I lose for the range question if I gave the answers in decimals as opposed to in e terms?

If it's accurate enough (3 s.f.) you should still get full marks
The people saying that the paper was ridiculously hard just need to learn how to adapt their knowledge to the given questions, indeed it was hard but I'd say that at least 45 marks were easy enough to obtain. If you think you've performed terribly then use it as a learning experience. You have a few more days to revise for C4 (which will probably be even harder), so chin up and keep trying. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending