The Student Room Group

University to IB Math equivalent

My university recently told me that the requirement for getting in is Physics and Pre-Calculus Math (Calculus Preferred) Which level of math is this for both pre calculus and Calculus? I'm assuming Calculus is Maths Standard Level (the level which I am currently on, however my grade isnt that great in that subject so I'm thinking of moving down to studies)
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Markus2753
My university recently told me that the requirement for getting in is Physics and Pre-Calculus Math (Calculus Preferred) Which level of math is this for both pre calculus and Calculus? I'm assuming Calculus is Maths Standard Level (the level which I am currently on, however my grade isnt that great in that subject so I'm thinking of moving down to studies)

Pre-calculus is standard level maths minus the topics on integration/differentiation. If they said they prefer calculus then that means either standard level (not studies) or higher level maths will do as both courses cover integration/differentiation (but of course at diff levels).

DON'T move to studies as you won't get admitted to the uni as you don't meet the entry requirements. Work harder in standard level maths, figure out your weaknesses and work on them - consult your teacher if you need help. I'm sure you're capable of getting a decent score.

Good Luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending