The Student Room Group

Sevenoaks waitlist

I just had my sevenoaks admision results, and they said that I am on "the top of their reserve list". Does that actually mean I am part of the first people? And also how likely are the chances that I get accepted?
Hi, I have moved your thread to the IB forum as it was posted in the medical schools forum.
Reply 2
Original post by lb26j
I just had my sevenoaks admision results, and they said that I am on "the top of their reserve list". Does that actually mean I am part of the first people? And also how likely are the chances that I get accepted?

i think ur chances are possibly quite high as not everyone accepts their offers, however they did say that they look at their reserve list as a pool of students, to choose the most suitable student to go to their school. is it ok if i see the results email the admissions sent u
Reply 3
Original post by njefiqn
i think ur chances are possibly quite high as not everyone accepts their offers, however they did say that they look at their reserve list as a pool of students, to choose the most suitable student to go to their school. is it ok if i see the results email the admissions sent u

Yes of course they said:

There are two the first one is:
We have now completed the assessment of our Sixth Form candidates for September 2024 entry.

We were very impressed by ___’s application and she did well in our entrance tests. We would love to have her at the school, but unfortunately we have had a large number of applicants and an exceptionally strong field this year so at the moment we do not have a place available for her.

This has been an extremely difficult decision and ____ is right at the top of our reserve list. I will be in contact immediately should a suitable place become available.
Please do keep in touch with me about your child’s situation and feel free to ask for updates.

With best wishes,

The second one is a response to mine which is:

Thank you for your email that was forwarded to me. I hope that you and _____ are well.

_____ performed pretty well in our entrance exams and was strong during our group interview. We would love to have her at SevenoaksSchool but, as you know, numbers are very limited for girls’ Boarding places, only 36 places.

Should any movement occur, I will be contact you straight away. There are a few girls above her on the reserve list. At this stage, it is difficult to predict if more offers will be made as it depends on the response of current offer holders but I am hopeful. For your information, the deadline to accept places at the school is this coming Friday 8 December 2023.

I would like to take this opportunity to wish _____ all the best.
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by lb26j
Yes of course they said:

There are two the first one is:
We have now completed the assessment of our Sixth Form candidates for September 2024 entry.

We were very impressed by ___’s application and she did well in our entrance tests. We would love to have her at the school, but unfortunately we have had a large number of applicants and an exceptionally strong field this year so at the moment we do not have a place available for her.

This has been an extremely difficult decision and ____ is right at the top of our reserve list. I will be in contact immediately should a suitable place become available.
Please do keep in touch with me about your child’s situation and feel free to ask for updates.

With best wishes,

The second one is a response to mine which is:

Thank you for your email that was forwarded to me. I hope that you and _____ are well.

_____ performed pretty well in our entrance exams and was strong during our group interview. We would love to have her at SevenoaksSchool but, as you know, numbers are very limited for girls’ Boarding places, only 36 places.

Should any movement occur, I will be contact you straight away. There are a few girls above her on the reserve list. At this stage, it is difficult to predict if more offers will be made as it depends on the response of current offer holders but I am hopeful. For your information, the deadline to accept places at the school is this coming Friday 8 December 2023.

I would like to take this opportunity to wish _____ all the best.

wowwww thank you so muchhhh! the tone in their response suggests that there is a high chance you will get an offer!!!
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 5
Thank you very much!! Would you mind telling me what in particular tells you that my chances are likely?
Posts above edited to remove names.

Please be aware this is a public website: anyone on the internet can read these posts. :wink:
Original post by artful_lounger
Hi, I have moved your thread to the IB forum as it was posted in the medical schools forum.

This is IB?
Original post by iL1L
This is IB?

Sevenoaks is famous for its IB programme so it seemed pragmatic to move it to this forum :tongue:
Reply 9
Original post by lb26j
Thank you very much!! Would you mind telling me what in particular tells you that my chances are likely?

'but I am hopeful' and 'I would like to take this opportunity to wish _____ all the best.'

these all show that they are considering giving you an offer, so if they have new spots they could give it to u

but still, as the admissions officer said, they aren't sure whether enough students would decline their offers. overall, you have a relatively higher chance than others (in the waiting list)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending