The Student Room Group

Ib tok exhibition idea

So my prompt is "Is bias inevitable in the production of knowledge?" and this is going to sound conceited but I wanted to use myself as an object. This is because I'm a black female with features that don't fit the current beauty standards as they are more focused on Eurocentric features and this is sort of perpetuated by the media which subconsciously holds a bias towards Eurocentric beauty standards. So I was wondering if it would be a good object or an object that would even be allowed.If not myself, would it be okay to use a picture of any black person/ someone without the typical Eurocentric beauty standards?
Original post by mimibesticon
So my prompt is "Is bias inevitable in the production of knowledge?" and this is going to sound conceited but I wanted to use myself as an object. This is because I'm a black female with features that don't fit the current beauty standards as they are more focused on Eurocentric features and this is sort of perpetuated by the media which subconsciously holds a bias towards Eurocentric beauty standards. So I was wondering if it would be a good object or an object that would even be allowed.If not myself, would it be okay to use a picture of any black person/ someone without the typical Eurocentric beauty standards?

It's a great idea! To be honest, idk whether you are allowed to use yourself as an object (you should ask your school), but you can definitely use another person's photo (it's better if you take it yourself of someone (you can write about personal connection to the object there) or it depicts a famous person, because IB likes "unique" objects and a photo from the internet might not get you top marks. Or you can use a painting)
Reply 2
Original post by idkwhatthenameis
It's a great idea! To be honest, idk whether you are allowed to use yourself as an object (you should ask your school), but you can definitely use another person's photo (it's better if you take it yourself of someone (you can write about personal connection to the object there) or it depicts a famous person, because IB likes "unique" objects and a photo from the internet might not get you top marks. Or you can use a painting)

Thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending