The Student Room Group

Chemistry EE research question

Hi, I am struggling to find a EE question on chemistry and I want to do something related to animals and colours.
I was thinking maybe pigments but i'm not sure.
I can't experiment on animals due to ethical concerns and I need to do a physical experiment in my school lab.
Thanks!
I'm thinking to pursue veterinary medicine in the future
Original post by Sheep7Sheep
Hi, I am struggling to find a EE question on chemistry and I want to do something related to animals and colours.
I was thinking maybe pigments but i'm not sure.
I can't experiment on animals due to ethical concerns and I need to do a physical experiment in my school lab.
Thanks!
I'm thinking to pursue veterinary medicine in the future

The world has sourced colours from all kinds of plants and animals. There are even some colours that have disappeared from human knowledge as their source is no longer known.
There must be a great essay in there. Mainly secondary data, but could possibly look at azo-dyes in the lab, maybe using substituted phenols to investigate the chromophore with a good colourimeter if you have one.
Reply 2
Original post by charco
The world has sourced colours from all kinds of plants and animals. There are even some colours that have disappeared from human knowledge as their source is no longer known.
There must be a great essay in there. Mainly secondary data, but could possibly look at azo-dyes in the lab, maybe using substituted phenols to investigate the chromophore with a good colourimeter if you have one.

Hi!

Thank you for your reply. However, i have found my research question!

I will still check your suggestions out tho cuz it just looks and sounds interesting.

Thanks again!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending