The Student Room Group

Is it bad to have 3 A-levels of languages?

I'm taking AS levels at the moment which are Geography, English, English Literature and Turkish. I'm thinking of having full A-Levels of Spanish, Turkish and English and I want to study law but is it a bad idea to have languages only? What I mean is that is it bad to have languages only rather than a variety of subjects? My expected grades are A from Turkish and Spanish and a B from English. I could choose literature instead if taking languages only is a bad idea
I think choosing English Literature is a good idea if you want to study law because universities want to see that you can analyse and evaluate material well and can write longer, coherent answers. I also think they would favour someone with an essay subject over someone solely doing languages although there are exceptions.
Languages are generally respected by unis, unless it's your native language.
Also I'd drop the turkish and if you think you could make it do something like German or French, keep your spanish.
As a lot of universities require you having those languages and a lot of studying abroad takes place there, in which you have to know the language in order to go there.
Hope I helped.
Unless you wanna have your year abroad at uni in some turkish mosque then i'd drop it.

Quick Reply

Latest