The Student Room Group

White woman raped for 3 hours in racist attack.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by StarvingAutist
Revenge is not important, safety is.

Yes, and that's what the function of prison is -- Enhancing the safety of the general public. I have no interest in revenge.

Original post by Wade-
Prison is also intended to reform and rehabilitate people

Yes.
Original post by Viceroy
Yes, and that's what the function of prison is -- Enhancing the safety of the general public. I have no interest in revenge.

Then why do you say:

Original post by Viceroy
Rehab and no jail for violent crimes like rape sounds to me like a free pass.
Original post by StarvingAutist
Then why do you say:

Because not sending someone to jail means that they will be out in the general population and the criminal justice system will not be functioning to keep people safe. Seems like someone who is violent might see 'just' going to rehab for a first offense as not a serious enough deterrent. If we want to keep people safe from violent people, they should be sent to prison (and rehabilitated, too, if possible).
Original post by Viceroy
Because not sending someone to jail means that they will be out in the general population and the criminal justice system will not be functioning to keep people safe. Seems like someone who is violent might see 'just' going to rehab for a first offense as not a serious enough deterrent. If we want to keep people safe from violent people, they should be sent to prison (and rehabilitated, too, if possible).

An open prison I would suggest and rehabilitation too.
Original post by bittr n swt
An open prison I would suggest and rehabilitation too.

What is an 'open prison'? People can just leave? What would be the point of that -- Isn't the point to keep the general population safe, not just rebab criminals?
Original post by Viceroy

At rehab you don't generally get to wander around outside.. I guess it's a different name for a jail (yet provides a different service)- think that way.
Original post by Viceroy
What is an 'open prison'? People can just leave? What would be the point of that -- Isn't the point to keep the general population safe, not just rebab criminals?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_prison

Surprised you've never heard of it....it's quite common in the UK and part of a rehab programme. Yes they can leave but they are trusted to come back and obey the law too. They can even get a job. It's part of reintegration into society which I strongly believe.
Original post by bittr n swt
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_prison

Surprised you've never heard of it....it's quite common in the UK and part of a rehab programme. Yes they can leave but they are trusted to come back and obey the law too. They can even get a job. It's part of reintegration into society which I strongly believe.

Maybe that would be OK for some crimes, but not for rape -- It's too violent. I wouldn't want someone who committed that kind of a crime to be free to roam about.
Bought to you by Labour and Conservative party.Hang the traitors for their crimes against White British people.
Reply 69
Original post by SiminaM
Cut his balls off
And what's between them for that matter

Chill out he's got his huge punishment, I say cut womens private parts of for false rape accusations too, not nice is it? Hes got 9 years before parole:redface:
Reply 70
Original post by fofo5
Maybe his head as well.

death for rape? you kidding me? murder deserves death punishment only.
Reply 71
Original post by ForgetMe
He must be castrated!

so should those people who accuse others of false rape:angry:
Reply 72
Original post by Joshale
did you not hear about the CIA torturing methods?

I don't see how on earth you could think torturing this disgusting human being is not right

18 years in jail too much never mind torture.
Original post by ubi1
so should those people who accuse others of false rape:angry:

There should be a different punishment for that, but castration only for those found guilty for rape.
Original post by ubi1
18 years in jail too much never mind torture.

not really, for some people they thrive off it, have nothing on the outside, but in prison they get fed, get respect/alpha status (well that depends on the prisoner) amongst over things.
Reply 75
There should be a different punishment for that, but castration only for those found guilty for rape.

Thankfully that kind of barbarism was gotten rid of a long time ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 76

your not far apart from that rapist are you? let him stay in jail for 2 decades thats more than enough.
Original post by Wade-
Thankfully that kind of barbarism was gotten rid of a long time ago

Posted from TSR Mobile

Of course it's better to keep them imprisoned and let others pay for it whilst victim stays with scars for the rest of their life.

Original post by ubi1
your not far apart from that rapist are you? let him stay in jail for 2 decades thats more than enough.

And who's going to pay for his stay in jail, mm?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 78
Of course it's better to keep them imprisoned and let others pay for it whilst victim stays with scars for the rest of their life.

And who's going to pay for his stay in jail, mm?

The victim is going to live with scars regardless of whether the perpetrator is castrated or not. Should we also cut off the the hands of those who steal? Time to start using a brains and think rationally, instead of emotionally.

Luton, with a name like that- wonder if hes a Muslim?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending