The Student Room Group

Kamala Harris is the Democrat VP pick

Scroll to see replies

Well it's certainly a very stark contrast for the 2020 election.
Biden & Harris or Trump & Pence.
President Harris by mid term. I'm calling it.
Original post by londonmyst
Well it's certainly a very stark contrast for the 2020 election.
Biden & Harris or Trump & Pence.

Original post by Just my opinion
President Harris by mid term. I'm calling it.

Yeah, Biden will likely be declared unfit for the Presidency if he's elected given his mental state (or lack thereof)
Strategic move to secure the black vote.
Reply 5
Original post by LiberOfLondon
Yeah, Biden will likely be declared unfit for the Presidency if he's elected given his mental state (or lack thereof)

Get back to us when Trump gets declared unfit due to his mental and cognitive state or lack thereof. Oh, what's that? He's been president for 3 and a half years now?
Original post by Ascend
Get back to us when Trump gets declared unfit due to his mental and cognitive state or lack thereof. Oh, what's that? He's been president for 3 and a half years now?

The guarantee of Pence becoming POTUS in the event that Trump is declared mentally incapable is the best deterrent possible.
Congratulations to her. :smile:
Original post by Black Cat

Biden got most of the black vote in the primaries, he's not really at risk of not getting it.
Was always the most obvious and likely choice.
An unsurprising but good choice.

I wonder if Pence will ask to bring a chaperone onto the stage with him if they hold live debates.

(edited 3 years ago)
Called it! (unsurprisingly, I mean how obvious was that?)
Tulsi Gabbard pretty much sums up everything I despise about Kamala Harris.
Original post by howisladypole
Called it! (unsurprisingly, I mean how obvious was that?)
Tulsi Gabbard pretty much sums up everything I despise about Kamala Harris.

Tulsi: Whilst working as state prosecutor you (Kamala) sent 1500 people to jail for marijuana use and when asked whether or not you had ever smoked it, you simply laughed about it...You blocked evidence that would have freed black people on death row. You kept black people in prison to exploit them for cheap labour.

Kamala: I am amazing. I made a difference.

(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Pinkisk
Tulsi: Whilst working as state prosecutor you sent 1400 people to jail for marijuana use and when asked whether or not you had ever smoked it, you simply laughed...You blocked evidence that would release people on death row. You kept black people in prison to exploit them for cheap labour.

She's vile. The fact that she didn't even try to deny her crimes!

Provided they don't scratch too deeply... both Harris and Biden are "tough on crime" figures (it's easy to see how discordant this is with BLM's rhetoric) and it doesn't take much digging to find this out, either.

I think this will probably do him more harm than good, except for people who really do only vote on the basis of a person's race or gender and are hoping he croaks so they can get the first black female president. Eh, whatever. I don't really fancy his chances as being high, no matter what the media vomits out on a daily basis in terms of what it'd like reality to be.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 16

She's got that vote locked up for sure.
The Guardian uploaded a video on YouTube to promote her. The video got a lot of negative comments and downvotes. They deleted the comments, but that didn't help. People kept writing more and more exposing Kamala for all her problems. The upvote to downvote ratio on the video was like 1:4 So they deleted the video and uploaded it again. The same thing happened a second time...lots of people down voted the video and lots of negative comments. So they deleted it and uploaded it a second time...and a third...now the video has a slightly higher upvote than downvote ratio and not many comments on it lol This is all happening now as I am writing this comment.. The media in this country has truly turned into a joke.

Here's a link to the video for anyone that might be interested:

(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by howisladypole
She's vile. The fact that she didn't even try to deny her crimes!

What crimes is she allegedly guilty of?

This pick smacks of tokenism to me. He refuses to apologise for supporting mass incarceration of blacks but picks a mixed-race VP in the hope that black voters vote for him based on race. It's got no place in a democracy.
Original post by Ascend

The thing is that Biden's weird tangents (Corn Pop), failure to remember stuff (you know, the thing) and saying stuff he knows he shouldn't say (pretty much any Biden speech on race relations ever) are all symptoms of dementia.
Original post by londonmyst
The guarantee of Pence becoming POTUS in the event that Trump is declared mentally incapable is the best deterrent possible.

For what it's worth many of the things Mike Pence would like to do would likely be struck down by the Supreme Court. That, and Pence is smart enough to know that Baptist fundamentalism isn't the most popular philosophy right now and to keep a lid on the more religiously-right opinions.

:rofl:
Original post by Pinkisk
Tulsi: Whilst working as state prosecutor you (Kamala) sent 1500 people to jail for marijuana use and when asked whether or not you had ever smoked it, you simply laughed about it...You blocked evidence that would have freed black people on death row. You kept black people in prison to exploit them for cheap labour.

Yeah. Funnily enough all the DSA members, BLM organisers and Justice Democrats (both in and out of Congress) who usually throw a strop if a Republican so much as looks the wrong way at a black guy have mysteriously shut up shop. For reference the BLM twitter account is on about illegal immigration and Michael Brown, AOC's talking about Democratic primaries, and the Justice Dems have royally buried their heads in the sand.

It seems the party line from the hard left is to pretend Biden and Harris aren't standing and to focus on anything but the Presidential elections. Funnily enough that probably isn't what they'd be doing if Sanders was the Democratic candidate. :hmmmm2:
Original post by TCA2b
Provided they don't scratch too deeply... both Harris and Biden are "tough on crime" figures (it's easy to see how discordant this is with BLM's rhetoric) and it doesn't take much digging to find this out, either.

I think this will probably do him more harm than good, except for people who really do only vote on the basis of a person's race or gender and are hoping he croaks so they can get the first black female president. Eh, whatever. I don't really fancy his chances as being high, no matter what the media vomits out on a daily basis in terms of what it'd like reality to be.

Yeah. People generally don't like tokenism and picking Harris, to me, seems like trying to convince blacks to vote Biden despite Biden being a racist and Harris far too willing to throw blacks in prison for simple possession charges.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending