The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Joey_Johns
Has anybody ever had one? If so how do you help people over come them when they won't admit to it?

This site might be helpful.
yea, u do getover them it takes a while tho
Chocolate_Lover

speaking from the past
Reply 4
Chocolate_Lover

What if said person has had one before but got over it but has now started again? I'm sure it isn't healthy.
Reply 5
Cate
This site might be helpful.

Cheers, thats really good :smile:
Joey_Johns
What if said person has had one before but got over it but has now started again? I'm sure it isn't healthy.

yes it does come back i relapse
Reply 7
from experience i don't think you can really make someone see it, they have to realise it themselves - so much is down to them you can only do so much, try being supportive, try being there, try talking to them, all you can do is try...
Reply 8
Joey_Johns
Has anybody ever had one? If so how do you help people over come them when they won't admit to it?

It's common for the siblings of anorexics to copy their ill brother/sister. That's what got me, when my 7 year old brother stopped eating too. I checked myself in to a hospital weighing 4.5 stone. That was 11 years ago, it took a good 8 years after that to get to the point where I wasn't anorexic or bulimic...
Joey_Johns

It depends who it is, and how bad you think it is/how bad you think it is likely to get in your judgement. But my advice is to seek help.
I'm 5'4'' and 10 stone-most people who know me say I'm a perfect figure. I've been dieting from the age of twelve. I'd starve myself for ages and then when I'd feel exhausted and shaky I'd binge, binge, binge. I remember I ate absolutely nothing on Christmas Day 2003 because I was depressed about my weight. I've tried to make myself sick heaps of times, but when I feel it's gonna happen, I just quit there and then, out of fear and guilt. I've lashed out at my mum for trying to tell me to eat and I've tried stealing laxatives from my dad's surgery. Nowadays, I've more or less given up on the dieting, but it's always at the back of my mind. It certainly doesn't control my life like it used to though. I only have to read my diary to remind myself how obsessed I was-I used to weigh myself in excess of 200 times a day and write exactly what I'd eaten in my diary, accompanied by taunts and hurtful comments. Going through this alone is hell, I can't imagine the torture people actually suffering full-blown anorexia/bullimia are living everyday.
LoStInIdEaFlOoD
I'm 5'4'' and 10 stone-most people who know me say I'm a perfect figure. I've been dieting from the age of twelve. I'd starve myself for ages and then when I'd feel exhausted and shaky I'd binge, binge, binge. I remember I ate absolutely nothing on Christmas Day 2003 because I was depressed about my weight. I've tried to make myself sick heaps of times, but when I feel it's gonna happen, I just quit there and then, out of fear and guilt. I've lashed out at my mum for trying to tell me to eat and I've tried stealing laxatives from my dad's surgery. Nowadays, I've more or less given up on the dieting, but it's always at the back of my mind. It certainly doesn't control my life like it used to though. I only have to read my diary to remind myself how obsessed I was-I used to weigh myself in excess of 200 times a day and write exactly what I'd eaten in my diary, accompanied by taunts and hurtful comments. Going through this alone is hell, I can't imagine the torture people actually suffering full-blown anorexia/bullimia are living everyday.

what size r u now?

thats is exactly what happened 2 me a year ago i still get relapses i was never severely underweight. i am now stil buliemic tho i know its disgusting i have no control
Reply 12
LoStInIdEaFlOoD
...write exactly what I'd eaten in my diary, accompanied by taunts and hurtful comments. Going through this alone is hell, I can't imagine the torture people actually suffering full-blown anorexia/bullimia are living everyday.

I used to be like that, infact I still am...
Reply 13
Joey_Johns

Oh, this might also be helpful
me!

I used to be like that, infact I still am...

really r u still buliemic how old r u?
Reply 15
Chocolate_Lover
really r u still buliemic how old r u?

i'm not buliemic, no... i'm 16
im 16 too 17 soon in fact in 8 days time
its quite bad r u studying as or gcse
Reply 17
I'm not anorexic or bulimic but i do suffer from a sort of combination of the two called binge eating disorder. Basically being obsessed with wanting to lose weight and sometimes starving, to the bulimic side where i binge and hide food but don't purge.. Its a horrible cycle to get into. I go through phases. Its not too bad at the moment but my boyfriend has cottoned on and has started giving me grief...
well i am quite bad my weight fluctuates between 8.2-8.9 i just feel really fat
Chocolate_Lover
what size r u now?

thats is exactly what happened 2 me a year ago i still get relapses i was never severely underweight. i am now stil buliemic tho i know its disgusting i have no control

I'm a size 8/10 on top, 10/12 on bottom-always have been. I'm not overweight, just incredibly curvy and I've always despised and felt self-conscious about it. Once my best friend(a guy) jokingly told me to stop blocking the view with my bum when I was standing up in our sixth form common room. I can honestly say I used to skive school due to paranoia about how I'd look in the uniform. My shirts would always be ultra tight on top, and while the other girls would look slender in their school trousers, mine would be make for a very cosy fit. Now though, I'm so much more confident about my figure (this guy I know)-he keeps telling me curves are beautiful on a naturally curvy woman as too is being thin on someone with a naturally slim build. Just be happy with what you have. :smile: Have you spoken to your GP about the relapses?

Latest

Trending

Trending