The Student Room Group

TW: I don't want to feel full

I have not had rice (which is the meal that makes me feel full) for like over 2 days and I live on other foods like chips or pizza because they are light and not heavy. I have trouble digesting it and my mum is saying if I don't eat rice at least once I will go so thin and bones will come out and I will die. I only eat so my mum can stop nagging me about eating at my big age of 22, like what's it to her if I eat or not now? And why does she want to give herself the hassle by having to prepare food or put food on a plate for me? Is this part of my eating disorder?

If my mum wasn't around I wouldn't even be eating.
Reply 1
Pizza has double calories compared to rice.
a 100gr of rice only 130kcal while pizza is 260. Don't mention chips.
Maybe your mom overreacts (bones will come out and die), but it's better to eat rice than pizza or chip (junks). While the 2 are refined carbs, rice is still healthier. Or if you're concerned w/ health problem you can try brown rice. And try to negotiate w/ your mom and make a win-win solution which you two can accept.
Be grateful when you still have a mom, I wish I have my mom to scold me again.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Pizza has double calories compared to rice.
a 100gr of rice only 130kcal while pizza is 260. Don't mention chips.
Maybe your mom overreacts (bones will come out and die), but it's better to eat rice than pizza or chip (junks). While the 2 are refined carbs, rice is still healthier. Or if you're concerned w/ health problem you can try brown rice. And try to negotiate w/ your mom and make a win-win solution which you two can accept.
Be grateful when you still have a mom, I wish I have my mom to scold me again.

I have anorexia nervosa so telling me about calories isn't going to help.

Why do I feel full from rice and not pizza and chips then?

My bones are actually coming out, it's not an exaggeration, my rib cage used to come out but now it's just my neck bones coming out. I have been underweight all my life due to a genetic condition but as I grew up I had anorexia nervosa. My genetic disorder severely impacts my ability to gain weight and also how much I can weigh.

My mum survived ovarian cancer so I am grateful she is still around, but I don't want to be her baby anymore. I feel like she still treats me like a child because I need support due to my genetic condition and because of my genetic condition, I am different from all other siblings in my family. I am supposed to be an adult now and I choose if I want to eat or when I want to eat with no set strict rituals or routine, the kitchen is always open I can go and eat at 4am and no one will say anything.

If you tell your eating disorder team that you have a routine with food they will think it's anorexia so it's best not to have a routine, just make sure you eat breakfast, lunch and dinner throughout the day at the right times but no more added routine on top of that.

Quick Reply

Latest