The Student Room Group

TW: tempted to count my calories again

Is it possible to get worse whilst being under an eating disorder team? I first started my counting my calories in 2020 and used my fitness Pal and even though the caloric intake was what it should be, my eating disorder team didn't believe me. I stopped counting it but now I am tempted again because of my mood
Reply 1
I really don’t think that you should count your calories but I obviously can’t stop you from doing anything. Whatever you decide to do please make sure that you’re staying safe and eating a recommended amount. I think that you need to take some time to consider if counting calories is actually going to help your mood and if so why. Would you feel a sense of relief if you found out you were eating too little or disgust if you were eating ‘too much’
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I really don’t think that you should count your calories but I obviously can’t stop you from doing anything. Whatever you decide to do please make sure that you’re staying safe and eating a recommended amount. I think that you need to take some time to consider if counting calories is actually going to help your mood and if so why. Would you feel a sense of relief if you found out you were eating too little or disgust if you were eating ‘too much’

I was asked by my team about how much I was eating and I said something like 900 calories in a day but I think I eat way more than that with my plate of rice and I probably meant 900 calories in a meal or something but anyway they asked "so that little?"
Reply 3
Is it possible to get worse whilst being under an eating disorder team? I first started my counting my calories in 2020 and used my fitness Pal and even though the caloric intake was what it should be, my eating disorder team didn't believe me. I stopped counting it but now I am tempted again because of my mood

Contact your team or GP if you are tempted to diverge from healthy eating.
Reply 4
Original post by Surnia
Contact your team or GP if you are tempted to diverge from healthy eating.

Why should I contact the team or GP when being under the eating disorder team is what made me count my calories in the first place? I never counted my calories until I saw my eating disorder team in 2020 and I was actually getting worse with them checking my weight every week, it made me feel worse. I would rather be as I am and not measure my weight or anything, just eat freely.
Reply 5
Why should I contact the team or GP when being under the eating disorder team is what made me count my calories in the first place? I never counted my calories until I saw my eating disorder team in 2020 and I was actually getting worse with them checking my weight every week, it made me feel worse. I would rather be as I am and not measure my weight or anything, just eat freely.

Something else put you under the team in the first place; did they then ask you to count calories?
Reply 6
Original post by Surnia
Something else put you under the team in the first place; did they then ask you to count calories?

No I was just doing it because I wanted to log down the food I was eating.

Quick Reply

Latest