The Student Room Group

If you went to therapy, do you wish you had said certain things to your therapist?

I have been with CAMHS and I have also been to an eating disorder team for adults. I wish I said some things to my therapists or done some things even if they aren't respectful.
Original post by Anonymous
I have been with CAMHS and I have also been to an eating disorder team for adults. I wish I said some things to my therapists or done some things even if they aren't respectful.

Not necessarily things that would be disrespectful but I wish I was more honest. Things I was ashamed about (still too ashamed to even tell my friends) that I never mentioned.
Reply 2
Original post by AGalanthynius
Not necessarily things that would be disrespectful but I wish I was more honest. Things I was ashamed about (still too ashamed to even tell my friends) that I never mentioned.

I wish I threw things at my CAMHS therapist for "diagnosing" me with a birth defect and then insult me saying do you think it's normal? (About my height and weight) and she changed the name of the condition because of the way I mentioned it.
She also stuttered and stammered once when she said "the-there are other courses" meaning she's not a proper qualified mental health nurse like what therapist stutters like that? She also blames me for not eating on my psych report by saying won't increase her intake and wrote my height weight bmi and didn't write down my birth defect that has an impact on my height, weight and BMI but then also wrote helps myself to food throughout the day and because she didn't write down the name of my condition on my psych report I was referred by my GP to an eating disorder team the following year. She also doesn't respect religious beliefs. Apparently she got a diagnosis from a paediatrician about my birth defect and the fact that she told me about it (and I got it confirmed through genetic testing in 2022) would mean she's basically saying and I even told my mum that she had sex with her cousin and that's why I came out with a birth defect. I even acted like I was mental by saying I am cursed because I failed my last exam so she stared at me and said what do you do when you are cursed, I acted like it because she's clearly there to diagnose me with a mental disorder

My eating disorder team, well they threatened to section me in every appointment so I just lost it and called them racist when I was the one being racist, and my therapist asked me what I think anorexia is and after staring at her for 3 minutes she asked do you understand what I am saying to you I said "yeah to make me fat basically, I don't want to be fat like you" she said she finds that really insulting so I should have said "why's that insulting, so you admit you're fat?"

Quick Reply

Latest