The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Business management

anyone doing this course at Birmingham? just want to know how your timetable is like.
First and Second year you have 6 modules per semester with 2 hours of lecture time per week for each module. In first year, some of my modules were 2 x 1 hour lectures or 1 x 2 hour lectures. In second and final years they were all 1 x 2 hour lectures. The timetable works in that there is 50 mins teaching time per hour so classes/lectures run from xx:00 to xx:50. The remaining 10 mins in 2 hour lectures is often used for a break.
The timetabling is done centrally at the university, so timetables change from year to year. Lectures can run from 09:00 to 19:00 Monday through Friday except on Wednesdays when there is nothing after 13:00.

There are additional seminars/classes for some modules which you sign up to via your online portal. They follow the same format, however I've never come across/heard of a 2 hour one.
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
Original post by 3kicksatthedoor
First and Second year you have 6 modules per semester with 2 hours of lecture time per week for each module. In first year, some of my modules were 2 x 1 hour lectures or 1 x 2 hour lectures. In second and final years they were all 1 x 2 hour lectures. The timetable works in that there is 50 mins teaching time per hour so classes/lectures run from xx:00 to xx:50. The remaining 10 mins in 2 hour lectures is often used for a break.
The timetabling is done centrally at the university, so timetables change from year to year. Lectures can run from 09:00 to 19:00 Monday through Friday except on Wednesdays when there is nothing after 13:00.

There are additional seminars/classes for some modules which you sign up to via your online portal. They follow the same format, however I've never come across/heard of a 2 hour one.

thanks for the info. so its quite a busy schedule, i know someone doing the course in essex university and they dont this much.
Original post by priyanka256
thanks for the info. so its quite a busy schedule, i know someone doing the course in essex university and they dont this much.

In first and second year, its really not that much of a busy schedule, probably 15 hours teaching time in total - that's 2 days work in full time employment.

You get out what you put in though. You can walk away from Birmingham Business School a much more employable person with a degree from a prestigious, Russell Group, redbrick uni.

If you want a really easy few years, choose a Polytechnic!
Reply 4
Original post by 3kicksatthedoor
In first and second year, its really not that much of a busy schedule, probably 15 hours teaching time in total - that's 2 days work in full time employment.

You get out what you put in though. You can walk away from Birmingham Business School a much more employable person with a degree from a prestigious, Russell Group, redbrick uni.

If you want a really easy few years, choose a Polytechnic!

i want to try for a rg uni. birmingham is my first choice. i dont really like Essex uni too. just put it in to fill the blanks on ucas.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending