The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA4 - Thursday 11th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 860
Original post by CD223
See I'm putting half as much effort in which is why it makes sense I should be panicking right about now haha!

Definitely, without a shadow of a doubt, electromagnetism!

True! I schedule too many breaks haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, I see why you don't feel as confident now :tongue: but I'm sure you'll still do well! :smile:

Yeah that's a difficult topic, to be honest magnetic fields is the section of the unit where I drop most of the marks.
And I can never get the right answer using fleming's left hand rule even though it's so simple! I must be doing something wrong but can't figure out what :/

Aha you need all them breaks after revising for Physics and Maths, it's all well :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why do AQA not just make the papers a bit simpler, instead of having everyone do terribly and giving really low grade boundaries? >:-l
Reply 862
Original post by saad97
Oh, I see why you don't feel as confident now :tongue: but I'm sure you'll still do well! :smile:

Yeah that's a difficult topic, to be honest magnetic fields is the section of the unit where I drop most of the marks.
And I can never get the right answer using fleming's left hand rule even though it's so simple! I must be doing something wrong but can't figure out what :/

Aha you need all them breaks after revising for Physics and Maths, it's all well :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know, I just can't seem to motivate myself to work as long etc. I really need to though!

I understand that! It's hard, especially on questions to do with particles travelling in circles.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 863
Original post by Leiny841
Why do AQA not just make the papers a bit simpler, instead of having everyone do terribly and giving really low grade boundaries? >:-l

In theory it's better to have a harder paper and lower boundaries than have everyone ace it with really high boundaries :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 864
Original post by CD223
Oh brilliant, thank you :smile: I'm gonna try and finalise my notes within the next few weeks (after we finish astro) before uploading them :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Great :smile: I'm nearly done on homework finally (but I've left it all at home so it depends on when I get back today :/ )
Original post by CD223
Hahaha. How come? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've just never been able to get the hang of them--you got any tips for me in terms of remembering how to use them? (I know the First/Field, Second/Current and Middle/Motion etc), but struggle to apply them...
Hi Guys!

Guys I got a question from the June 13 paper ... for q 1c) Can someome expain where they got n=2/0.1 from and the time for next inphase condition to be 38 seconds :s

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-PHYA4-2-QP-JUN13.PDF <- paper

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-PHYA4-W-MS-JUN13.PDF <- MS
Reply 867
Original post by MysteriousKnight
Hi Guys!

Guys I got a question from the June 13 paper ... for q 1c) Can someome expain where they got n=2/0.1 from and the time for next inphase condition to be 38 seconds :s

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-PHYA4-2-QP-JUN13.PDF <- paper

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-PHYA4-W-MS-JUN13.PDF <- MS

First if you multiply both oscillations by 10 (10 seconds) you'll find that one pendulum does 19 oscillations and the other does 20.
At this time interval they are one oscillation apart; the one that's done 19 oscillations will do its 20th 0.1 seconds later than the other one.
Find the ratio between number of oscillations of both pendulums by multiplying 20 by 0.1 to get 2.
19*2 = 38 oscillations until they're next in phase.
Hey CD223

just wondering if you have put you're unit 4 notes up yet, I'm looking forward them.

Thanks
Reply 869
Original post by Lau14
Great :smile: I'm nearly done on homework finally (but I've left it all at home so it depends on when I get back today :/ )

Oh nice! I have work today and tomorrow so I doubt I'll finish by Monday unfortunately. Easter is less productive than I'd hoped haha!

Did you get any done today?

Original post by l1lvink
I've just never been able to get the hang of them--you got any tips for me in terms of remembering how to use them? (I know the First/Field, Second/Current and Middle/Motion etc), but struggle to apply them...

Oh right! Erm, other than remembering the fingers and their meaning..

Remember current is conventional (if an electron is moving in a given direction, the direction of the current is in the opposite direction to its movement).

Original post by NasVinci
Hey CD223

just wondering if you have put you're unit 4 notes up yet, I'm looking forward them.

Thanks

Hey there,

I'm working on them as much as I can recently - been snowed under with homework and coursework this easter. Hoping to upload them by 20th April.

Have you got any resources that you're able to upload?

:smile:
Reply 870
Original post by CD223
Oh nice! I have work today and tomorrow so I doubt I'll finish by Monday unfortunately. Easter is less productive than I'd hoped haha!

Did you get any done today?

That's a shame :/ you've still got a week though or something haven't you?
Nope! I'll finish tomorrow afternoon hopefully, I've done everything due in first thing Monday I think so that's the priority
Reply 871
Original post by Lau14
That's a shame :/ you've still got a week though or something haven't you?
Nope! I'll finish tomorrow afternoon hopefully, I've done everything due in first thing Monday I think so that's the priority

Yeah I've got another week which is good :smile: hoped to make that week full of solid revision but oh well!

Yeah that's the priority! Do you feel good about going back?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 872
Original post by CD223
Yeah I've got another week which is good :smile: hoped to make that week full of solid revision but oh well!

Yeah that's the priority! Do you feel good about going back?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well hopefully you'll get lots done :smile:

Kind of... So little of it is actual lessons now that it could go either way. Things could be pretty relaxed but useful and productive when we feel like it (which is the best way, and the most likely outcome for maths although we do have FP3 & 4 mocks to do in that still), or the teachers could be really annoying about it :/
Reply 873
Original post by Lau14
Well hopefully you'll get lots done :smile:

Kind of... So little of it is actual lessons now that it could go either way. Things could be pretty relaxed but useful and productive when we feel like it (which is the best way, and the most likely outcome for maths although we do have FP3 & 4 mocks to do in that still), or the teachers could be really annoying about it :/

I hope so! Finished making revision cards for the history exam today! Pretty productive for a day I also had work...

Hope going back isn't too bad for you tomorrow!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 874
Original post by CD223
I hope so! Finished making revision cards for the history exam today! Pretty productive for a day I also had work...

Hope going back isn't too bad for you tomorrow!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's good then!

Not looking forwards to waking up tbh :/ that will not be fun... lessons should be alright though!
Reply 875
Original post by Lau14
That's good then!

Not looking forwards to waking up tbh :/ that will not be fun... lessons should be alright though!

Hope it's an okay day! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 876
Does anyone have any more handy revision tips? (esp. for A*)
Reply 877
I guess just know the content inside out and do every paper 3/4 times and know how to do the questions really. Maybe look at the grade boundaries over the years and find the lowest one see where candidates tripped up by reading the examiners report. Hope that helps.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 878
Does anyone else have the entire week between PHYA4 and PHYA5 free? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 879
Original post by JaySP
Were there more than 6 for the AS exams? I remember there being more than that. That, or I just kept repeating the papers.

Hey, was wondering whether you have checked xtreme past papers? they may have a lot more papers you could practice. I haven't myself checked yet but will do soon.

:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending