The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lúcio
i'm in that awkward position where you need to get up so early tomorrow that you're not sure if you should even risk going to sleep :frown:

might just watch mad max; roommate bought the new one on blu-ray - is it good?

Yeah I'm in the same position.

Think It's better getting a little bit of sleep.

Also please answer my question on liverpool thread luke.
Original post by jam277
Yeah I'm in the same position.

Think It's better getting a little bit of sleep.

Also please answer my question on liverpool thread luke.

i took a nap in the afternoon so i guess that's something though (although sleep doesn't exactly work like that).
Mad max best film in a while
Radiator in my room can't be turned off. Been permanently on for two years. Won't be sleeping for a while.

Think I'll head to Wimbledon on Saturday to watch Murray. Who's coming?
What do you lot think of the Mo Farah thing? I think he's been up to something. I have no evidence just a hunch I've got.
Original post by Wilfred Little
What do you lot think of the Mo Farah thing? I think he's been up to something. I have no evidence just a hunch I've got.

If he has I will be absolutely gutted, he was the best moment of London 2012 :sad:

It's too ****ing hot as well
Original post by Wilfred Little
Its basically the same suspicion with almost all of athletics. Most of their activities are not heavily skill based. Someone like Messi you could see why he would be better than a enhanced athlete thought skill. Running, not that many attributes you can bring into play other than running. We know drug use is/was endemic in pretty much top level sport as a whole, so we know drug free athletes have/had got to be competing against drug using athletes. Within athletics what is the likelihood that an athlete is not just better than his drug using peer but so much better than even with the 5% they are getting from their drug regime, he's still better than them? You can see from Lance Armstrong what happens when a brilliant athlete is also enhance, they just clean up. Even when half the field is also using, he was still brilliant. If you look at the fields from things like the Tour, in the Armstrong years, only one rider has reached the podium who hasn't been implicated, and his subsequent statements are suspicious to me. Someone like Bolt is similar, if he's clean he's not just the best in the world, he's the best in the world by so far he's might as well have his own division, because he's blowing away drug enhanced athletes like Powell, Blake, Gay and Gatlin (interested research upon the hangover benefits of drug use mean for me, he's a drugged athlete even if he's currently clean)

Think the hard truth is, if you think a significant portion of the competition in a physically based, skill 'low' sport are using drugs, you can then spot drug using athletes by asking who is competitive.
Decent post @Fizzel

Agree with it all.

Original post by sr90
If he has I will be absolutely gutted, he was the best moment of London 2012 :sad:

I didn't watch any of it so I dunno. Ennis for me though. She had a ridiculous amount of pressure on her and delivered.

I don't like Farah, seems a bit of a cock imho.
Speaking of the Olympics, I'd love to watch the opening ceremony again, it was actually really good. Will look for a link online tonight. That Saturday night when we got 3 Golds vin like 30 minutes was amazing. I normally don't get caught up in all that but wow, I'll remember that night for a long time.

Thunderstorms up north now. Still very warm, reminds me of being in Florida. Did a 5 mile walk/march earlier in the 30℃+ blazing Sun. Sweating buckets but it was great :cool:
Original post by TornadoGR4
Speaking of the Olympics, I'd love to watch the opening ceremony again, it was actually really good. Will look for a link online tonight. That Saturday night when we got 3 Golds vin like 30 minutes was amazing. I normally don't get caught up in all that but wow, I'll remember that night for a long time.
Thunderstorms up north now. Still very warm, reminds me of being in Florida. Did a 5 mile walk/march earlier in the 30℃+ blazing Sun. Sweating buckets but it was great :cool:

My best friend lives in Cornwall and she says it's thunderstorms there too. Guess i'd better enjoy the heat whilst it's here.

Both the ceremonies were pretty good tbh. I was lucky enough to get to work at the Olympics and it was the best experience of my life. It's such a cliche but London 2012 really did bring the nation together, even some of the girls I know who normally didn't give two ****s about sport were properly getting in to it.
@Depleted

[video="youtube;JNK3Msn02O4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNK3Msn02O4[/video]
Original post by sr90
My best friend lives in Cornwall and she says it's thunderstorms there too. Guess i'd better enjoy the heat whilst it's here.

Both the ceremonies were pretty good tbh. I was lucky enough to get to work at the Olympics and it was the best experience of my life. It's such a cliche but London 2012 really did bring the nation together, even some of the girls I know who normally didn't give two ****s about sport were properly getting in to it.

I and most Londonders were mostly just furious about the disruption tbh. And as I need an opening ceremony to tell me that LDN is the dogs *******s.

Probably watched about 2 events as well.
Its so bloody humid outside. I'm sweating like Rolf Harris in a toy shop.
Original post by The Shed End
Its so bloody humid outside. I'm sweating like Rolf Harris in a toy shop.

I just walked 2 miles to get home from the city centre and when I finally got home and sat down it felt like i'd just got out of the shower. Sweating bucketloads, and i'm badly sunburnt as well. I look like rudolph!
Original post by AR_95
@Depleted

[video="youtube;JNK3Msn02O4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNK3Msn02O4[/video]

:lolwut:

At least he has white teeth.
Regarding the drugs stuff above, prepare for something quite big. There's also another British athlete (think BIG) who there'll be an even bigger story about.

I can't say any more than that. Just be prepared. It's massive.
Original post by little_wizard123
Regarding the drugs stuff above, prepare for something quite big. There's also another British athlete (think BIG) who there'll be an even bigger story about.

Why can't you say anymore?
Original post by AR_95
Why can't you say anymore?

Posting anything on a massive public forum could have legal implications. Ain't got no time for that.

Not making it up - it's stuff that's been known about in the running world for quite a while.
usain bolt injecting his chicken nuggets with dat dere celltech?
Super Jackie back on that llello.

Original post by little_wizard123

You talking about Kell Brook? Or a bigger name?
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest