Inb4 FK posts random uni "rankings"

Posted from TSR Mobile

Rankings mean **** all tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
Rankings mean **** all tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well it's a red-brick and RG so I couldn't care less to be honest :tongue:
Now it's just a matter of doing the masters and then getting that first job.

Once you get the first one, it becomes more about your experience than qualifications.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TornadoGR4

Think I'm gonna take it down anyway. Eh I was gonna put it in a post when the time was near :tongue:
Original post by Lúcio
Well it's a red-brick and RG so I couldn't care less to be honest :tongue:
Now it's just a matter of doing the masters and then getting that first job.

Once you get the first one, it becomes more about your experience than qualifications.

Posted from TSR Mobile

To be honest even RG status means very little. Experience is far more important, my job has grads from all over the place. My housemate last year did a placement and secured a job there, so he had no reason to try in his final year and got a 2.2. However in any future interviews the focus will be on his experience not his degree.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
@little_wizard123 So you been to Flat iron yet?

Went today. Oh my god. I owe you a steak. Ridiculously good. Best value for money meal I've ever had.
Original post by little_wizard123
Went today. Oh my god. I owe you a steak. Ridiculously good. Best value for money meal I've ever had.

Who bought it for you? Mommy or Daddy?

Which one did you go to? I went to the one near Piccadily around 2 oclock.

Steak was gorgeous, no idea how they're charging only £10 for that. You try Fred's sauce?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by sr90
To be honest even RG status means very little. Experience is far more important, my job has grads from all over the place. My housemate last year did a placement and secured a job there, so he had no reason to try in his final year and got a 2.2. However in any future interviews the focus will be on his experience not his degree.

Posted from TSR Mobile

the problem nowadays is that everybody has degrees.
in previous generations, university has always been something for the elite but nowadays you'll find that most people go.

now i'm not saying that people aren't entitled to do what they like nowadays, but i feel like there shouldn't be universities that you can get in to with C grades across the board. this is obviously my opinion and it's unlikely to be popular, but i feel like the prospect of university should only be reserved for the top percentile of people that have really shown academic ability.

so now things have almost flipped around - experience in many areas is more important than a degree (even from a top university). it's quite ridiculous really but that's just how it is.
my sister didn't go to uni, she got awful A-level grades but she now finds herself many years ahead of where she would have been if she went to uni and did a degree. it's almost like every time i go home she tells me she got promoted again!
maybe she was lucky but it's funny how things work out like that sometimes.
Original post by AR_95
Which one did you go to? I went to the one near Piccadily around 2 oclock.

Steak was gorgeous, no idea how they're charging only £10 for that. You try Fred's sauce?

What colour t-shirt were you wearing? Peppercorn. Couple of cocktails. Chips and spinach.

Original post by Bubzeh
Who bought it for you? Mommy or Daddy?

I'm 27, got two jobs, live in central London and have three degrees. I also never captained Steven Fletcher in FPL. You're a joke of a human being.
What colour t-shirt were you wearing? Peppercorn. Couple of cocktails. Chips and spinach.

I'm 27, got two jobs, live in central London and have three degrees. I also never captained Steven Fletcher in FPL. You're a joke of a human being.

dark blue. Were you upstairs/downstairs or ground floor?

You forgot to mention your close to 8 thousand TSR posts, little boy.

(refuse to believe you're a day older than 14 by the way)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by AR_95
dark blue. Were you upstairs/downstairs or ground floor?

Blue shirt and broad shoulders/big arms. Sat with the hot blonde. Ground.
Original post by Bubzeh
You forgot to mention your close to 8 thousand TSR posts, little boy.

(refuse to believe you're a day older than 14 by the way)

It I were 14 I wouldn't have 8,000 posts. I had another account before as well...

I don't even know who you are
Blue shirt and broad shoulders/big arms. Sat with the hot blonde. Ground.

Ah I was top floor. What time were you there from?
AR was the hot blonde.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
AR was the hot blonde.

you forgot plot twist :frown:
Original post by AR_95
Ah I was top floor. What time were you there from?

1:23-2:09.
^Strong rain man complex
Original post by Kenan and Kel
AR was the hot blonde.

:colonhash:

Latest