The Student Room Group
Ellie4
Has anyone done any? Is it useful? What sort of places are good to go to?

If you want stuff for this summer it's probably far too late now, places like the london stock exchange do offer placements i think, most of the major firms will as well..
Reply 2
Its probably a good idea in the later years of doing the degree, but not really necessary before starting the course
Reply 3
All work experience is good though, pack anything and everything in - don't just feel restricted to experience directly linked to economics.

I'm going to do economics too, and have done a week at a television production company, and a week at the Financial Times, and a day at an investment bank, and applied for a 2 week placement at CSFB just before uni but i doubt i'll get it :frown:
Reply 4
They're aren't many internship opportunities for pre-uni students. I would just relax, this is one of the last work-free summers you will have.
Reply 5
I'm also going to apply for economics and am thinking of doing work exp. at a solicitors and/or accountants aswell as seeing what else I can get (living in London should help :cool: ). Anyway has anyone else done work exp. in either legal or accounting firms?
Another thing is 1 week enough or should I try and get a 2 week placement?

Latest

Trending

Trending