Work experience for Economics???

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Ellie4
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Has anyone done any? Is it useful? What sort of places are good to go to?
rah
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ellie4)
Has anyone done any? Is it useful? What sort of places are good to go to?
If you want stuff for this summer it's probably far too late now, places like the london stock exchange do offer placements i think, most of the major firms will as well..
neosyko
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
Its probably a good idea in the later years of doing the degree, but not really necessary before starting the course
emma_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
All work experience is good though, pack anything and everything in - don't just feel restricted to experience directly linked to economics.

I'm going to do economics too, and have done a week at a television production company, and a week at the Financial Times, and a day at an investment bank, and applied for a 2 week placement at CSFB just before uni but i doubt i'll get it
BazTheMoney
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
They're aren't many internship opportunities for pre-uni students. I would just relax, this is one of the last work-free summers you will have.
Jump
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm also going to apply for economics and am thinking of doing work exp. at a solicitors and/or accountants aswell as seeing what else I can get (living in London should help :cool: ). Anyway has anyone else done work exp. in either legal or accounting firms?
Another thing is 1 week enough or should I try and get a 2 week placement?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (41)
20.3%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (48)
23.76%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (35)
17.33%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (43)
21.29%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (19)
9.41%
I haven't started researching yet (16)
7.92%

Watched Threads