Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone done any? Is it useful? What sort of places are good to go to?

(Original post by Ellie4)
    Has anyone done any? Is it useful? What sort of places are good to go to?
    If you want stuff for this summer it's probably far too late now, places like the london stock exchange do offer placements i think, most of the major firms will as well..

ReputationRep:
    Its probably a good idea in the later years of doing the degree, but not really necessary before starting the course

ReputationRep:
    All work experience is good though, pack anything and everything in - don't just feel restricted to experience directly linked to economics.

I'm going to do economics too, and have done a week at a television production company, and a week at the Financial Times, and a day at an investment bank, and applied for a 2 week placement at CSFB just before uni but i doubt i'll get it

ReputationRep:
    They're aren't many internship opportunities for pre-uni students. I would just relax, this is one of the last work-free summers you will have.

ReputationRep:
    I'm also going to apply for economics and am thinking of doing work exp. at a solicitors and/or accountants aswell as seeing what else I can get (living in London should help :cool: ). Anyway has anyone else done work exp. in either legal or accounting firms?
    Another thing is 1 week enough or should I try and get a 2 week placement?

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.