The Student Room Group

Supercurricular/ Work experience ideas help needed!

Hey, I'm in year 12 now and I was wondering if anyone could help me with some ideas for supercurricular activities or work experiences linked to politics and economics? I haven't really done much yet, and I'm kinda worried I'm falling behind. It's making me anxious because I won't have much to put in my personal statement. It would be very helpful if anyone knew where I could join online programs and virtual work experiences or books i can read related to politics and economics.

Thanks
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by Student1239740
Hey, I'm in year 12 now and I was wondering if anyone could help me with some ideas for supercurricular activities or work experiences linked to politics and economics? I haven't really done much yet, and I'm kinda worried I'm falling behind. It's making me anxious because I won't have much to put in my personal statement. It would be very helpful if anyone knew where I could join online programs and virtual work experiences or books i can read related to politics and economics.

Thanks

First thing for me to say is that politics and economics is not really my area, but a few things to try are begin reading the Financial Times, that has lots of articles and background explainers on current affairs, international relations, politics and economics.
Watch any relevant TED talks, they're only about 15 - 20 minutes long. You can also listen to BBC Radio4 'In our time' podcasts that have explored the life and works of famous economists and politicians.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending