The Student Room Group

economics work experience

Hi guys, i want to apply for economics/ finance at uni and I've worked in a pharmacy for over a year and I'm wondering if there's anything I've done at the pharmacy to link it to something related to economics. Ive done a bunch of things varying from helping give out prescriptions to doing some simple admin. If there's anything else you can think that's related, I've probably done it. Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by ethmi r
Hi guys, i want to apply for economics/ finance at uni and I've worked in a pharmacy for over a year and I'm wondering if there's anything I've done at the pharmacy to link it to something related to economics. Ive done a bunch of things varying from helping give out prescriptions to doing some simple admin. If there's anything else you can think that's related, I've probably done it. Thanks!

i'm studying economics at uni, and most of the time they are looking for soft skills. for example, this could be time management, working with others, taking responsibilty or making decisions.
any experience with admin is great, however i had hardly any experience related to economics and it isnt an issue. your uni will provide careers events and support to help give you expereince as they know a lot of people wont have had the chance to get any work experience that is directly linked to their subject area.
Reply 2
Original post by AJStonee
i'm studying economics at uni, and most of the time they are looking for soft skills. for example, this could be time management, working with others, taking responsibilty or making decisions.
any experience with admin is great, however i had hardly any experience related to economics and it isnt an issue. your uni will provide careers events and support to help give you expereince as they know a lot of people wont have had the chance to get any work experience that is directly linked to their subject area.

perfect thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending