The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

LCC applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lettuceleaf
Hey, I've got a conditional offer for Film and Television at LCC- it's my first choice! Going to the open day on Friday 20th. Does anyone know when/ how you apply for accommodation?

It opens in May - check the UAL website :smile: and congrats!
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 21
Had my interview on 11th February.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 22
Hey :smile: has anyone attended an interview for graphic design/Illustration? Any advice? I'm attending mine in two days and I'm freaking out ;p also they said that I will need to fill a questionnaire... any ideas what questions I will need to answer? :eek:
I've applied for Media Communications and Advertising and still no answers
Reply 24
Original post by bocian
Hey :smile: has anyone attended an interview for graphic design/Illustration? Any advice? I'm attending mine in two days and I'm freaking out ;p also they said that I will need to fill a questionnaire... any ideas what questions I will need to answer? :eek:

The interview was fine, actually easier than a normal interview as all the questions you would usually be asked verbally were asked in a questionnaire instead, which lessened the pressure and gives you time to think about what you're saying.

It was a bit of a strange one though because the fact that you didnt have a proper face to face interview (apart from three questions asked to everyone in the group) meant that it was quite hard to gauge how it went plus they are quite poker faced and don't really give anyone any praise for good answer etc.

I think its mainly based on the work in your portfolio but I think the answers you give are important too, that being said the questions are by no means tough. Stuff like why do you want to come here? What do you see yourself doing after the course etc...

Easy peasey really but quite daunting for me as I had no idea what to expect.
Reply 25
I think it really depends on the course, if it's competitive or not. I applied to BA Information & Interface Design and I didn't have any questionnaire. I had a proper face to face interview instead in which I had to talk about my work, career plans, etc. However, it was my easiest interview so far and the tutors were really friendly. I had an opportunity to ask them loads of questions. It went really great.
Reply 26
Original post by slugmanz
The interview was fine, actually easier than a normal interview as all the questions you would usually be asked verbally were asked in a questionnaire instead, which lessened the pressure and gives you time to think about what you're saying.

It was a bit of a strange one though because the fact that you didnt have a proper face to face interview (apart from three questions asked to everyone in the group) meant that it was quite hard to gauge how it went plus they are quite poker faced and don't really give anyone any praise for good answer etc.

I think its mainly based on the work in your portfolio but I think the answers you give are important too, that being said the questions are by no means tough. Stuff like why do you want to come here? What do you see yourself doing after the course etc...

thanks! :smile: So they go through your portfolio in front of all the group?
Reply 27
Original post by bocian
thanks! :smile: So they go through your portfolio in front of all the group?

No they look at everyones' portfolios while you're doing the questionnaire.

I'll just point out that this was the interview for Graphic and Media Design BA so I don't know about other course interviews.
Original post by slugmanz

They don't actually put a lot of weight on the questionnaire. It's mainly about your work and how comfortable you are in talking to people (hence the "group interview"). If someone is still going through this interview just be sure you speak out.
hey i got an offer for illustration and visual media

think I'm going to go for bernard myers its only 20 mins away on the bus and its cheaper than don gratton

all the halls are so expensive
Reply 30
I've applied for Photography at LCC got my interview on the 19th March :smile:
I've got an offer for Photojournalism and Documentary Photography!
Hey! There's the group for all 2015 UAL applicants and offer holders here so I thought I'd share!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/841222779253527/
Reply 33
Original post by tylersmith
I've got an offer for Photojournalism and Documentary Photography!

I have an interview for photojournalism and documentary at LCC on Tuesday, I'm so nervous as I don't know what to expect! What was the interview like?
Hi, can you tell me how the interview is at London College of Fashion (LCF) for the program: BA (Hons) Fashion Styling and Production? will we discuss my portfolio?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by orjui
I have an interview for photojournalism and documentary at LCC on Tuesday, I'm so nervous as I don't know what to expect! What was the interview like?

My interview went ok! The guy that interviewed me was really good and some of the questions were really hard to answer like "Do we still need photojournalists?" and "Have you applied for the right course?". It was the worst interview for me because I felt like I didn't do very well. I was really shocked when I got the offer! Good luck to you and back yourself! Let me know how it goes!
Reply 36
My interview went ok! The guy that interviewed me was really good and some of the questions were really hard to answer like "Do we still need photojournalists?" and "Have you applied for the right course?". It was the worst interview for me because I felt like I didn't do very well. I was really shocked when I got the offer! Good luck to you and back yourself! Let me know how it goes!

Thanks for your help, and thank you! Even more nervous now :s-smilie:
Original post by orjui
Thanks for your help, and thank you! Even more nervous now :s-smilie:

Don't be nervous! Seriously! You'll be fine. Just take your time to explain things and really think about your photos and how to get that across to him. Also, one more bit of advise, make sure your portfolio is all Photojournalism work, and not so much fine art photography!
Anyone applying for media and cultural studies?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
Don't be nervous! Seriously! You'll be fine. Just take your time to explain things and really think about your photos and how to get that across to him. Also, one more bit of advise, make sure your portfolio is all Photojournalism work, and not so much fine art photography!

Okay Thankyou :smile: I'm glad you said that because I was a bit over on how many photos I have and didn't know what to take out, I know what to ditch now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending