The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

Varley Park Parking

Hi,

I've been looking in to halls and found although I can Park at Falmer there is no space for cars at Varley, but I have found people talking about bringing cars to Varley regardless, so can I bring a car to Varley campus or not? Also what is the fitness center like at Varley?

Thanks
Original post by Sljmaster
Hi,

I've been looking in to halls and found although I can Park at Falmer there is no space for cars at Varley, but I have found people talking about bringing cars to Varley regardless, so can I bring a car to Varley campus or not? Also what is the fitness center like at Varley?

Thanks

Varley has a very small car park mainly for staff and visitors. You need a permit to be able to park on any university site and it does not guarantee you a space. I only knew one person who was able to park at Varley because their of their course (paramedic) as they needed a car to get to and from placement and they obviously had a permit.

If you park without a permit, you'll get a fine.

Do you actually need a car? The town is very accessible by bus and there is a shuttle bus from Varley to all the campuses free of charge for students. A car is potentially an extra running cost that probably won't be worth its money for the amount it would get used.
(edited 9 years ago)
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Joshalos
Varley has a very small car park mainly for staff and visitors. You need a permit to be able to park on any university site and it does not guarantee you a space. I only knew one person who was able to park at Varley because their of their course (paramedic) as they needed a car to get to and from placement and they obviously had a permit.

If you park without a permit, you'll get a fine.

Do you actually need a car? The town is very accessible by bus and there is a shuttle bus from Varley to all the campuses free of charge for students. A car is potentially an extra running cost that probably won't be worth its money for the amount it would get used.

Thanks for replying

I'll probably just go for a permit at Falmer, I'd like a car to be able to go home easily and it will especially be easier for bringing things there in September (computer, monitors, clothes). I'm be able to afford it so I'd rather have the 'luxury'.
Reply 3
Do you know the nearest free parking say in a residential area near Varley Park- for a one off visit?
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending