The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Bringing a car to Swansea university

Hi,
I am planning on studying paramedic science at Swansea in September. I will have to bring my car to university as I will need it for placements, however there is no parking at the university accomodation. I was just wondering, do any current or past students have any idea what other students do with their cars while at university? Thank you
Hello! I am a current Swansea Student and hope I can help. We are advised not to bring a car to univeristy as there is no free parking allowed for students. Especially if you live in uni halls on campus, there is no provision to park a car nearby. There are some car parks outside the campus but they are not convenient and quite expensive. Some students, especially Physicians' Associate and Medicine do have cars for the same reason as you - placements, but they do not live on campus, they usually live in student friendly areas like Brynmill or Uplands and have parking there. During clinical placements, the education centre associated with the relevant hospitals, issues car permits to students so that they can park in hospital staff parking whilst on placement only.
I hope this helps!

Best of luck!

Ruchika Yadav Nongrum - Swansea Student Ambassador
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Swansea Students
Hello! I am a current Swansea Student and hope I can help. We are advised not to bring a car to univeristy as there is no free parking allowed for students. Especially if you live in uni halls on campus, there is no provision to park a car nearby. There are some car parks outside the campus but they are not convenient and quite expensive. Some students, especially Physicians' Associate and Medicine do have cars for the same reason as you - placements, but they do not live on campus, they usually live in student friendly areas like Brynmill or Uplands and have parking there. During clinical placements, the education centre associated with the relevant hospitals, issues car permits to students so that they can park in hospital staff parking whilst on placement only.
I hope this helps!
Best of luck!

Hi, thank you for your reply. That's great, thank you
Reply 3
Original post by Swansea Students
I hope this helps!
Best of luck!

I have an offer with swansea and I am planning on driving between university and home. Is there parking for students commuting back and forth from university?
Original post by Danni098
I have an offer with swansea and I am planning on driving between university and home. Is there parking for students commuting back and forth from university?

Hi @Danni098, I hope you're doing well.

Car parking is limited on both Singleton Campus and Bay Campus sites, and only permit holders can park during core hours Mon-Fri 0800 to 1600.

There may be other car parking options off-campus, so have a look through the following guides and FAQs for full info...

https://www.swansea.ac.uk/parking/parking-for-students/

https://www.swansea.ac.uk/parking/parking-for-students/frequently-asked-questions/.

If you need any further info, please get in touch. Best wishes, Gethin (Future Students Team).

Quick Reply

Latest