The Student Room Group

teacher banned from teaching for life after affair with pupil

Thoughts on this article?
I kind of think that banning her for life is over the top I kind of think she probably doesn't care as she is now living in Saudia Arabia also she is hot.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2966955/Teacher-sex-sixth-former-boarding-school-banned-classroom.html

Scroll to see replies

I'm usually dead against student-teacher relationships like this but if it started at a leavers' ball and she hadn't taught him directly... I dunno, these stories are never black and white, there's so much grey involved... :dontknow:
Reply 2
It's such a simple concept: if they are a student, you don't bang them.

She broke the rules, she pays the penalty. I would love to see how the Saudis treat her though.
Damn. Why did he tell on her? Dirty snitch >: (
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I'm usually dead against student-teacher relationships like this but if it started at a leavers' ball and she hadn't taught him directly... I dunno, these stories are never black and white, there's so much grey involved... :dontknow:

They're supposed to think like adults and say "Oh that's a grey area - I'd better stay well away from that grey area to make sure I stay on the safe side"

Obviously they need to keep on top of things otherwise it'll be a whole slippery slope... you might end up with teachers caning their pupils on the bottom or something
Reply 5
Where was she when I was in school... :mad:
Reply 6
To end her teaching career over this seems exceptionally harsh to me :confused:

Yes she broke the rules by having such contact with a student that hadn't officially left school, but its hardly comparable to the usual old male teacher taking advantage of a vulnerable young female student situation, the student was an adult and they didn't think he was in a vulnerable position, so how is a life ban a fair and reasonable punishment? And while its not entirely relevant, what on earth is she, a young British woman doing living in Saudi Arabia? :lolwut:
Yeh massive over reactions, the guy was 18 for christ sake and it's not even like there was a massive age gap. I'd also view it the exact same way if the genders were switched.
She's only banned from teaching at that school isn't she?
Original post by Olie
To end her teaching career over this seems exceptionally harsh to me :confused:

Yes she broke the rules by having such contact with a student that hadn't officially left school, but its hardly comparable to the usual old male teacher taking advantage of a vulnerable young female student situation, the student was an adult and they didn't think he was in a vulnerable position, so how is a life ban a fair and reasonable punishment? And while its not entirely relevant, what on earth is she, a young British woman doing living in Saudi Arabia? :lolwut:

I guess she's either working for an oil company or married to a guy who works for an oil company & is living the expat lifestyle in the fortified compounds the oil companies have over there.
Reply 10
What I never understand about these situations (situations where there is a student-teacher relationship with no sense of paedophilia) is why the student feels the need to tell everyone about it! He must know what will happen if he does!
Reply 11
Where.Were.These.Teachers.When.I.Was.In.School!
She is hot. I wish I had a teacher like that.
Daily Mail - always bringing the most important news.
Schools have rules that ban you having students on facebook, so it's no surprise to me and it should be no surprise to her that they came down so hard on her for having a sexual relationship with a student. It is absolutely not allowed, and they have to apply the rules consistently.
Original post by VannR
What I never understand about these situations (situations where there is a student-teacher relationship with no sense of paedophilia) is why the student feels the need to tell everyone about it! He must know what will happen if he does!

He's 18 of course he's going to tell people that he's had sex with a teacher. The better question is why do teachers enter into these relationships when theres a good chance they'll be found out.
Original post by Arkasia

She broke the rules, she pays the penalty. I would love to see how the Saudis treat her though.

She didn't sleep with him when he was a student, and she first kissed him at his leavers ball.

I think the punishment is exceedingly harsh in the circumstances.
Original post by Paladian
She's only banned from teaching at that school isn't she?

Not based on what the article says - apparently this has ended her career.

Original post by limetang
Schools have rules that ban you having students on facebook, so it's no surprise to me and it should be no surprise to her that they came down so hard on her for having a sexual relationship with a student. It is absolutely not allowed, and they have to apply the rules consistently.

For the above reason, this has nothing to do with the school's policy.

Also, he wasn't a student when the relationship became sexual.

Is anyone actually reading the article?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/11432172/Teacher-banned-from-classroom-after-sleeping-with-private-school-pupil.html

She has been banned for a minimum of 3 years.

What she did was highly inappropriate and not the professional standard that teacher should adhere to. Not only did she build a relationship with a current student, she bought drink for under 18s and then told all involved to lie about it to the school.

I think the punishment is perfectly adequate, she broke both school policy and the law.
Original post by Arkasia

He wasn't a student, when she banged him. So if it's so simple, you presumably don't think she did anything wrong?

However, there are discrepancies in the story. She claim they became sexual second week at university (so October), whereas he claims it was in July, presumably just after school broke up.

Given that she kissed him and exchanged numbers at a leavers' ball in June, when he was still a student, it implies that the relationship was forming while he was still a student, even if sex only took place afterwards. That might also explain why she is trying to push the sex date later, to make it seem like there was more time for a relationship to develop post school. In that case, I think it is still reasonable to punish her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending