The Student Room Group

Why do teachers take misbehaviour so personally?

In high school, I was rude to one teacher after telling her that she should have gone into a more high paying career as teaching does not pay well.
She then proceeded to spend the rest of the year rolling her eyes at me and ignoring me. Is this unprofessional? Is this normal?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
In high school, I was rude to one teacher after telling her that she should have gone into a more high paying career as teaching does not pay well.
She then proceeded to spend the rest of the year rolling her eyes at me and ignoring me. Is this unprofessional? Is this normal?

It is one of the few true perks of the job. Maybe people who teach don't do it for the money and thank goodness so many do.

Teachers are human, your teacher must have felt insulted, and decided to make it known to you through rolling her eyes and ignoring you. It is unprofessional, but is it normal. Although for the rest of the year… it is too long. The teacher must learn to forgive and forget. Otherwise your personal relationship with the teacher would never development - she would not help you, you cannot ask her for help.
Reply 3
Have you heard the term, 'biting the hand that feeds you'? if all you took out of that experience is the question of why the teacher took your insults 'personally', you have more mountains to climb in your future than you realise.
Reply 4
Original post by BankaiGintoki
Teachers are human, your teacher must have felt insulted, and decided to make it known to you through rolling her eyes and ignoring you. It is unprofessional, but is it normal. Although for the rest of the year… it is too long. The teacher must learn to forgive and forget. Otherwise your personal relationship with the teacher would never development - she would not help you, you cannot ask her for help.

Why is the teacher so unforgiving?

They do not feel happy?
Reply 6
They do not feel happy?

Why not?
Why not?

Some people becomes teachers because they want to teach, Others become teachers because it is a job they can do. A job. As long as they do the bare minimum, they are fine.

Emotionally immature still.
Reply 9
Original post by nonchalant-
Emotionally immature still.

The teacher? or me?
The teacher? or me?

Teacher. Rolling her eyes at you, as a teacher, that's very immature.

What you said was distasteful. I'll blame that on you being a teenager and not knowing better though.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reminds me of the time I told my IT teacher he looked like a certain footballer. For whatever reason he took it as an insult.
You went out of your way to be personal to get a reaction, then you got one.

The teacher must learn to forgive and forget. Otherwise your personal relationship with the teacher would never development

No, they don't. They don't need to care if the relationship develops, they need nothing from you.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 13
You sound like an idiot.

Insult someone, get the exact reaction you expect, then shocked face that your actions have consequences.

Moron.
Original post by StriderHort
You went out of your way to be personal to get a reaction, then you got one.

No, they don't. They don't need to care if the relationship develops, they need nothing from you.

Yes, you are right. I was being too sympathetic with OP
No wonder the post was anonymous - they knew they were an idiot
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 15
Yes, you are right. I was being too sympathetic with OP
No wonder the post was anonymous - they knew they were an idiot

It's anonymous bc all my posts are anonymous...
Shouldnt teachers be more mature than their students?
Reply 16
It's anonymous bc all my posts are anonymous...
Shouldnt teachers be more mature than their students?

You were rude, end of. Insulting someone who is literally trying to make sure you have good foundations to have a successful life. No wonder nobody wants to be in the teaching profession having to teach such pupils
Reply 17
Original post by Tw1x
You were rude, end of. Insulting someone who is literally trying to make sure you have good foundations to have a successful life. No wonder nobody wants to be in the teaching profession having to teach such pupils

Why is it insulting? It's true and she was complaining about having money problems. I pointed out that she could have become a banker or smth with her Maths degree
Why is it insulting? It's true and she was complaining about having money problems. I pointed out that she could have become a banker or smth with her Maths degree

To be rude: depends on your body language, tone of voice, what you said. Also, it depends on what the person your talking to considers rude (think of their life experiences they might have had, their culture, what they personally think is rude)
But if you are nice, you wont be rude
Why is it insulting?

If you didn't already know that why did you reference it initially as misbehaviour? :rolleyes:

(Don't get me wrong, I suspect the thread is just made up anon timewasting)
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending