The Student Room Group

english language gcse help

Now you need to refer to Source 3, ‘Home Time’, and either Source 1 or Source 2.
You are going to compare the use of language in two texts, one of which you have chosen.
4 Compare the ways in which language is used for effect in the two texts. Give some examples and analyse the effects.
Original post by dumbanddumber
Now you need to refer to Source 3, ‘Home Time’, and either Source 1 or Source 2.
You are going to compare the use of language in two texts, one of which you have chosen.
4 Compare the ways in which language is used for effect in the two texts. Give some examples and analyse the effects.

Really are we?

Your question is ambiguous but since I've completed my GCSEs recently I can give u some advice. For this question you should compare language techniques such as simile.. whether they've used similar language for the same purpose or different purpose and what is the purpose...

I was predicted an e but achieved a grade c 😉😂😊 hope this helped and made sense
Original post by Uz25
Your question is ambiguous but since I've completed my GCSEs recently I can give u some advice. For this question you should compare language techniques such as simile.. whether they've used similar language for the same purpose or different purpose and what is the purpose...

I was predicted an e but achieved a grade c ������������������ hope this helped and made sense

Thank you! i find this hard to compare since one is a personal biography of a girl whilst the other is an article on students using a software to learn in a remote area. I'm so stuck!!!
Thank you! i find this hard to compare since one is a personal biography of a girl whilst the other is an article on students using a software to learn in a remote area. I'm so stuck!!!

Your welcome! ! To be honest if you know what you should look for in each question it shouldn't be a problem ... If I was yiu I'd research tips and exam style question answers good luck x

Quick Reply

Latest