The Student Room Group

How to study 6 SCIENCE exams?

I am doing all 3 additional aswell as all 3 triple.
Any tips on how to organise them all for revising?

Also how do I revise effectively to get A*'s? any techniques?

Thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 1
For each topic, I assume there's 6, make an A3 revision resource with everything from that topic. Condense this to A4, leaving out the stuff you know. Condense this further to A5 again leaving out the stuff you know, you should then have 6 A5 pieces of paper in which you need to concentrate on. Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by cherryjpie99
I am doing all 3 additional aswell as all 3 triple.
Any tips on how to organise them all for revising?

Also how do I revise effectively to get A*'s? any techniques?

Thanks in advance :smile:

if it makes you feel better im doing 9 science exams this year because im doing core,additional and further ALL this year.
my advice is do 1 at a time i did additional first due to a lot of basic ideas which we need to do further, so start with biology additional then move to further same for chem and physics i broke it down 10 days for each subject(chem,bio,physics)which is making my life much easier at the moment.
Focus on the subject you dont understand the most. For me it was physics, so I worked most on physics, then on chem then bio, as bio came easily to me.

As a rule of thumb, start revising early, go over the basics of everything but not the detail first. When you have a good understanding of all the basic concepts of everything, then go over everything and add a bit of detail. Then do the same again.

That way, you build your knowledge for all the topics at the same time, and you'll probably notice a bit of overlap between the modules of each subject.

The other benefit of doing this method is that you won't forget a whole module when you've finished revising it and started revising another. Think of it as layering a sandwich. The bread is the first basic concepts, then the butter is the next bit of detail, then the ham is the next bit.

Quick Reply

Latest