The Student Room Group

a levels

I want to study science based A level and this requires grade 6s in science and maths. For science I can achieve that but I am doing foundation maths. Now I can ask to move up my grade is a 4 and I need a 6. How do I get this? If I cannot sit higher then I will retake this exam during or after a levels. Has my one got into those courses with foundation maths? How can I move this grade up to a 6 fast like extremely fast?
You’ll most likely struggle at Alevel if you only do foundation level maths. You need to ask your college/sixth form what GCSE requirements for your subjects are and if they’re are nice they might enrol you into the course and let you take GCSE maths higher in Y12. Realistically you don’t see people who sat GCSE foundation maths take on that many science A-levels because there are some maths heavy topics. If you’re really wanting that 6 and move into higher maths, it all just depends on your work ethics and how much you actually want that 6. A 6 in GCSE maths isn’t that hard for the majority
Original post by Carrotsroom
You’ll most likely struggle at Alevel if you only do foundation level maths. You need to ask your college/sixth form what GCSE requirements for your subjects are and if they’re are nice they might enrol you into the course and let you take GCSE maths higher in Y12. Realistically you don’t see people who sat GCSE foundation maths take on that many science A-levels because there are some maths heavy topics. If you’re really wanting that 6 and move into higher maths, it all just depends on your work ethics and how much you actually want that 6. A 6 in GCSE maths isn’t that hard for the majority

How long would it usually take to go from a 4 to a 6? The A levels I want to do are Biology Chemistry and psychology. Only biology and chem are the issues as psychology asks for a 5
Original post by suzy23
How long would it usually take to go from a 4 to a 6? The A levels I want to do are Biology Chemistry and psychology. Only biology and chem are the issues as psychology asks for a 5

psychology still involves quite a bit of maths. It's not a matter of time but rather how much dedication you put into it. You're better asking your teachers as they will have a better idea of where you sit in terms of improvements and whether you can handle higher level maths

Quick Reply

Latest