The Student Room Group

National Youth Theatre 2015 Results

Hello fellow performers!

The time is almost upon us, here's a thread to vent your worries and thoughts on how well you think did and if you think you got a place this year! :smile:

Anybody think they did particularly well (or not so well) at their audition this year?

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know an exact date for when the NYT results are published ?!
I felt like I did better the first time round (when I was 19) and I don't think I've got a place this year. Ah well, I'LL KEEP AUDITIONING UNTIL I'M 24!

Wow, I'm so old.

Original post by oliviarosehart22
Does anyone know an exact date for when the NYT results are published ?!

Usually it's in the second or third week of April, just keep checking your e-mail and the website
Original post by 100sunstilwepart
I felt like I did better the first time round (when I was 19) and I don't think I've got a place this year. Ah well, I'LL KEEP AUDITIONING UNTIL I'M 24!

Wow, I'm so old.

Usually it's in the second or third week of April, just keep checking your e-mail and the website

Ah thank you, I will. It's so nerve racking !
I am 19 and this was my 2nd time! I also feel like It didn't go too well ! Oh well ...
Reply 4
Does anyone know how much BYT (beck youth theatre) is?
Do you have to audition for a place like you do for NYT?
I'm so nervous to find out results....!! It's killing me I swear I check my emails every 10 minutes atm! Think my audition was pretty bad though so I'm not expecting to get it, its just killing me not knowing and not having a date to find out when!!
Ahh they've said on Twitter it should be by the end of next week...!!
Reply 7
they said on the phone end of the month, would be nice to get one fixed answer
Original post by Darceylees
Ahh they've said on Twitter it should be by the end of next week...!!

I saw that too .... Except today they have been tweeting it will now be the end of the month (latest) ... :frown:
It's so long to wait :s-smilie: how did people's auditions go??
I know... its driving me crazy i check my emails every 10 minutes ahaha! I am not to sure... i felt like i didn't really stand out in the workshop and my monologue and interview definitely could have been better.. so i don't think i have won myself a place this year !! What about you?
I'm also eagerly awaiting the results. I'm 24 so this is my only shot! I didn't know about the NYT before this year. The guy who interviewed me said I stood out in the workshop and he took the time to give me some direction for my speech. I did the best I could so we'll just have to see!

Good luck all.
Original post by oliviarosehart22
I know... its driving me crazy i check my emails every 10 minutes ahaha! I am not to sure... i felt like i didn't really stand out in the workshop and my monologue and interview definitely could have been better.. so i don't think i have won myself a place this year !! What about you?

I'm really not sure how my audition went, as I'm only 14 I'm guessing that I'm probably not going to get in this year but I guess you never know! My monologue could probably have been better but I thought the interview went quite well. The workshop was definitely my strong point as I'm used to working in an ensemble but there were so many talented people at my audition and I think that they deserve to get in more than me.
Honestly I have no idea!
Good luck!!
Reply 13
Did anyone audition in London on the 22nd of March?
:s-smilie:They said end of the month at the LATEST which could mean before that. They also said in the email by May. I did mine in London on 17th of February, so it's been ages to wait. I can't tell if it went badly or well, but I'm fourteen so that gives me a disadvantage :frown: good luck to all xxx
(edited 9 years ago)
wait hold on, I just went back on their twitter and they said "end of next week" on tuesday the 7th of april... That could mean by THIS FRIDAY we could get our results... Holy mother, I'm crying (tears of joy or sadness... idek) just thinking about it... I'M SO SCARED! And three of my friends did it too, one did lighting, one did stage management and one did acting. Will be so terrible for me if they all got in and I dont..
How's everyone else feeling about it? :smile:
Original post by 666satinsdoll666
:s-smilie:They said end of the month at the LATEST which could mean before that. They also said in the email by May. I did mine in London on 17th of February, so it's been ages to wait. I can't tell if it went badly or well, but I'm fourteen so that gives me a disadvantage :frown: good luck to all xxx

I'm 14 too! And I auditioned in London on the 18th of February so our situations are pretty similar. I'm literally becoming paranoid and keep checking my email every 10 minutes, it's such a long time to wait :frown: :frown:
Original post by bowtiesarec00l
I'm 14 too! And I auditioned in London on the 18th of February so our situations are pretty similar. I'm literally becoming paranoid and keep checking my email every 10 minutes, it's such a long time to wait :frown: :frown:

Yay! A friend :smile:
Was it your first time and how did you think it went, what monologue did you do and stuff?
Sorry for all the questions, I'm just curious :smile:
Omg same every time an email notification pops up on my phone my heart literally stops for a few seconds the suspense is killing me ahh :O
Original post by 666satinsdoll666
Yay! A friend :smile:
Was it your first time and how did you think it went, what monologue did you do and stuff?
Sorry for all the questions, I'm just curious :smile:
Omg same every time an email notification pops up on my phone my heart literally stops for a few seconds the suspense is killing me ahh :O

It was my first time and I did a monologue of the character Leah from the play DNA. I'm not really sure how it went but I think the monologue was probably my weakest point which isn't exactly good... :') however they were really friendly and enthusiastic and asked me to do it again with the ambassador walking around the space. I had to try and deliver my monologue to grab their attention, and if they were interested they'd hold eye contact with me and remain still. That went kinda well I guess, better than my first try! :smile: how did yours go, and what monologue did you do? (Also did you audition at diorama arts studios because that's where I was) :smile:
Does anyone have the link to the tweet? I can't seem to find it :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending