The Student Room Group

National Youth Theatre Castings

I recently completed the online intake course for 2020 this summer and have signed up for castings early next year. Most of the information given was about the audition itself so I have some questions:
- What kind of productions am I auditioning for (Big Shows, local theatre, fringe etc)?
- Are any of the productions paid?
- Will the type of monologue I chose effect the roles I(if I chose and emotional monologue will it hinder me getting a non- emotional role and visa versa)?
- Is there a limited number of call backs/ projects you can do?

Sorry I have asked so much.
(If you see this and you are thinking of auditioning for 2021 intake I am happy to answer any questions:smile:
Original post by rfoatmcoaus
I recently completed the online intake course for 2020 this summer and have signed up for castings early next year. Most of the information given was about the audition itself so I have some questions:
- What kind of productions am I auditioning for (Big Shows, local theatre, fringe etc)?
- Are any of the productions paid?
- Will the type of monologue I chose effect the roles I(if I chose and emotional monologue will it hinder me getting a non- emotional role and visa versa)?
- Is there a limited number of call backs/ projects you can do?

Sorry I have asked so much.
(If you see this and you are thinking of auditioning for 2021 intake I am happy to answer any questions:smile:

Hello 🙂 I am in a similar position now awaiting my casting audition! I completed the Epic Stages programme in the summer and absolutely loved it, but I'm a bit nervous for the upcoming casting. Would you have any advice for the day following your past experiences? I was particularly wondering if choosing a classical monologue is a good idea? I did one for my intake audition as I heard classical pieces were often received well by the panelists, but I'm not so sure about the casting auditions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending