The Student Room Group

drama school

i want to do musical theatre. i just started college and i hate it, i’ve been trying so hard not to, but it’s not a musical theatre or performing arts related course.. so i literally CANT enjoy it lol. i want to do performing arts but there are literally zero colleges near me that provide it, there are also no drama clubs i can join. feel stuck… help?
Reply 1
are there any amateur drama groups you could join? it might just be a matter of doing a rubbish course for a bit but having some acting on the side you enjoy. i know my city has a [city name] operatic society” and a youth operatic group (YOG). id definately look into it, my grandma lives in a small town and they’ve got a great amateur dramatic group and junior group, the theatre they use is all community ran and quite small but the quality of the productions is really high
Reply 2
Original post by livzz444
i want to do musical theatre. i just started college and i hate it, i’ve been trying so hard not to, but it’s not a musical theatre or performing arts related course.. so i literally CANT enjoy it lol. i want to do performing arts but there are literally zero colleges near me that provide it, there are also no drama clubs i can join. feel stuck… help?

maybe join a local group that does acting and musical theatre

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending