The Student Room Group

Physics: OCR A G482 Electrons, Waves and Photons - 4/06/15

Scroll to see replies

out of 100? so i can lose like 15 MARKS WHAT YES THANK THE LORD

ill still lose like 30 though ahahahah
Original post by MathsAddict
around 72-75 I believe depending on the difficulty of the paper.

No, that's crazy. For last year it was 59 i think

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys how do I explain interference and intensity? I know the gist of it but I'm unsure as to how to word it.
Original post by falloutboyyy
out of 100? so i can lose like 15 MARKS WHAT YES THANK THE LORD

ill still lose like 30 though ahahahah

What i always see in mark schemes are you can write bullet points with key words and still get 5/5 instead of a whole paragraph. I plan to get straight to the point this time around and watch my mistakes.
Original post by Mehrdad jafari
No, that's crazy. For last year it was 59 i think

Posted from TSR Mobile

Last year was a LOL paper usually though its around that region. Damn i hope they take it easy this year i cried last year in that exam.
Yeah i need to do that or just babble on, what do you guys think is going to come up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Last year was a LOL paper usually though its around that region. Damn i hope they take it easy this year i cried last year in that exam.

Last year for this syllabus, they probably want to go off with a bang :frown:
OCR, please have mercy on our souls.
Original post by DedicatedWizard
Guys how do I explain interference and intensity? I know the gist of it but I'm unsure as to how to word it.

Waves superpose if it is stationary wave they superpose with reflected wave.
Areas of maximum amplitude high intensity have a phase difference of nlambda
Areas of minimum amplitude low intensity have a phase difference of (2n+1)lambda/2
Its all about phase difference but usually they want you to answer with this type of style ish .
Original post by jonayed1122
Yeah i need to do that or just babble on, what do you guys think is going to come up?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hope for the Photoelectric Effect! Only part of the syllabus I am the most comfortable with...
Reply 589
1c/ Work out the current of the lamp using fig1.1 by going to 6V and this gives you 250x10-3A or 0.25A.
Then use v=IxR rearrange and work out the current of the resistor which is 6/20= 0.3A. Add them together that should give you 0.55A.

D) So for then you draw an IV characteristic graph with 6V corrosponding to your value of 0.3A however you need to convert it in to mili amps which would be 300X10-3A.

Then the last part tbh i have no clue wtf they are on about i know that in series current is the same. Oh yeah i remember both components have to add up to 6V So each has 3V each. go to fig1.1 remeber in D ii you drew a new line ending at 300x10-3A or 0.3A at 6V. You should have two lines on your graph and then go to 3V where they should intersect and have a value for the current.

thanks pal! i always struggle with circuit calculations :frown: do you have any standard tips or tricks on how to start working them out?
Last year for this syllabus, they probably want to go off with a bang :frown:
OCR, please have mercy on our souls.

Let them bring it on, F332 seemed alright. G482 i hope they have standard answers.
Waves superpose if it is stationary wave they superpose with reflected wave.
Areas of maximum amplitude high intensity have a phase difference of nlambda
Areas of minimum amplitude low intensity have a phase difference of (2n+1)lambda/2
Its all about phase difference but usually they want you to answer with this type of style ish .

I ran out of reps but thank you!
Original post by pnaidu
thanks pal! i always struggle with circuit calculations :frown: do you have any standard tips or tricks on how to start working them out?

Highlight key information what belongs to what. So in that question there was a lamp and a resistor. Then once you see what you need to calculate refer to formulas and pick the correct one. Ask yourself is it in series or parallel and what does that mean?. Then use the correct formula and if it is parallel use kirchoffs first law to check currents if it is series current is constant. Thats about it re-read the question again and again
I would recommend revising Electron Diffraction also

Accelerate electrons through a vacuum
they then diffract through graphite crystal
producing rings
rings are known as interference patterns
we know that diffraction and interference patterns are ideas that light is a wave
so this experiment proves it
rings are wider with slower velocity so we use a smaller p.d as EV is 05.mv(2)
I ran out of reps but thank you!

No problem, remember they need to be coherent as in constant phase difference for this to occur. Same intensity as well.
Original post by james1996p
I would recommend revising Electron Diffraction also

Accelerate electrons through a vacuum
they then diffract through graphite crystal
producing rings
rings are known as interference patterns
we know that diffraction and interference patterns are ideas that light is a wave
so this experiment proves it
rings are wider with slower velocity so we use a smaller p.d as EV is 05.mv(2)

Excellent will definitely re read that.
Excellent will definitely re read that.

Good Luck All

Hopefully OCR will be more considerate after the rubbish paper I sat last year
Original post by james1996p
Good Luck All

Hopefully OCR will be more considerate after the rubbish paper I sat last year

same here man i hope to aim for 135/150 which is high but doable. Good luck to you too.
No problem, remember they need to be coherent as in constant phase difference for this to occur. Same intensity as well.

Interference is the formation and cancellation of points when two coherent waves pass each other. Did I memorise it correctly?
someone pls break down the photoelectric effect for me, thank you <3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending