The Student Room Group

WJEC AS Biology BY1 - Thursday 21st May 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Eddiemaiden
Yes, so I've been told:frown: it's kind of annoying since the questions are becoming more and more ambiguous!

I'm a2 (retook by1) and no they don't!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 61
Original post by Qwertyasdfgzxcvb
What did you guys get for the how long prophase lasts??

72 minutes
Reply 62
Original post by Mr rump
So we meet again, thought I got rid of you after C2 😉😂. You should get full marks for that one then! I didn't revise biosensors so had no choice but to do this essay even though I had no clue of the similarities I still managed to list all the things about mitochondrion and chloroplast so should get a fair chunk of the marks. I think I mentioned the mesosome being similar to cristae? Not sure if that will get me a mark. What did you say for the virus question?

Nice to meet you again too 😂 I said Virus has RNA cos it's single stranded so bases are not paired up which enables them to have unequal amounts of C and G

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
Original post by Qwertyasdfgzxcvb
What did you guys get for the how long prophase lasts??

72 minutes? 24x60x5/100

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr rump
72 minutes

Could you please post the answers for all the questions you remember?
Reply 65
Did people say that the fluidity of the membrane is able to displace the proteins and move them around??? That was kinda the only question I thought was 'tricky'

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wish I didn't resit it... In my opinion it was such a horrid paper.
Well I was just aiming for above a U grade, and I think I probably managed to do that, so fairly happy.
Reply 68
I hated it, worst paper I've ever done (even worse than last year's physical geography GCSE paper😧) and I was doing past papers yesterday in 30mins and getting 60/70....absolutely hated it I wanted to cry when I left the room
49 A?
Original post by LE236
I hated it, worst paper I've ever done (even worse than last year's physical geography GCSE paper😧) and I was doing past papers yesterday in 30mins and getting 60/70....absolutely hated it I wanted to cry when I left the room

It was sooooo bad but hopefully by2 is better.
hi what is the test for glucose i put benedict solution is it right?
Reply 72
Original post by JazzyT17
Could you please post the answers for all the questions you remember?

I can't remember many, I can remember answers when I hear a question though
Reply 73
Original post by Ritesh Jethwa
hi what is the test for glucose i put benedict solution is it right?

Yes, what did you put for why it affects glucose not sucrose?
Reply 74
I did Ben solution, then sucrose wouldn't work cos that's a no reducing sugar... Put the wrong colour change down tho cos I was panicking a bit 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 75
Veep fan, I can't reply to your posts for some reason? But I also said that about sucrose! What a guess haha
Reply 76
Original post by Mr rump
Veep fan, I can't reply to your posts for some reason? But I also said that about sucrose! What a guess haha

Ii accidentally misread the first part as well so I had three letters in the first box, just annoying I've lost 2 marks on the first Q

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 77
This was kinda hard, and when i think about, it was kinda weird. I completely messed up on that green and red dye question
What do you think the boundaries will be for an A? Last year it was 45 and I think this paper was hard like last years...
who will put the unofficial markscheme up? and when?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending