Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
6+6=6
I live there, its great. anything else?

Seconded. It's wicked.
Reply 3
I've applied there. But haven't got a decision yet.
Reply 4
I've applied there and have an offer.
Open day in mid march (I think)
Reply 5
En-suite bathrooms. Big fridge and freezer. Bar with hammocks in it. What's not to like? Yeh, if you have any questions, there are a few real live Butlerites lurking around on this very forum. :smile:
I've got a conditional offer and I'm really hoping I'll be able to go there -- it sounds great.
Reply 7
I'm not at Butler.

But I know people there and they like it :smile:
Reply 8
I'm not at Butler either. :smile:
Reply 9
Becca
I'm not at Butler either. :smile:

Woo! Go us! :smile:

I might start a thread only for people from Trevs and Castle....who have partners who come from different countries.

You know it would be an exciting thread!!!

(In fact, it would probably quickly surpass the General Chat thread in number of posts :redface: )
dobbs

I might start a thread only for people from Trevs and Castle....who have partners who come from different countries.

(In fact, it would probably quickly surpass the General Chat thread in number of posts :redface: )

Elitists :p:
Reply 11
durhamdosser
Elitists :p:

Pah! Hatfield has it's own thread already :p:
dobbs
Pah! Hatfield has it's own thread already :p:

It's its, dear. Mwahaha, grammar police. Maybe I'll start a thread for DSU people. That'd be the most popular one on here for sure.
Reply 13
dobbs

Good plan! :p:
Reply 14
durhamdosser
It's its, dear. Mwahaha, grammar police. Maybe I'll start a thread for DSU people. That'd be the most popular one on here for sure.

Oops :redface:

I'm really big on correct grammar usage! Although there are a few things that are just WAY too picky, after seeing what some people say on Facebook groups about bad grammar, it scares me!

What do you consider "DSU people"? :confused: Surely I'm a "member" of the DSU, technically? :wink:
dobbs
Oops :redface:

I'm really big on correct grammar usage! Although there are a few things that are just WAY too picky, after seeing what some people say on Facebook groups about bad grammar, it scares me!

What do you consider "DSU people"? :confused: Surely I'm a "member" of the DSU, technically? :wink:

Yes, you're a member. By DSU people I meant big cheeses like me. I'm dead important, I am. :p:
Got my offer this week for Josephine Butler, but still not sure if I'm going to like it. Difficult to judge as other colleges already have reputations for sport, religion etc whereas JB is still so new.
Reply 17
what sport and what faith, I'll try to help with an honest opinion if you want
Reply 18
katyh
hey i was just wonderin if anyone has applied to the new college and/or have received an offer? or even if any current durham students know what its like/ have any feedback? thanks a million

I've applied to Josephine Butler for Chemistry, but I haven't heard anything back yet. *Waits anxiously*
Okay thanks for the offer of help, now here's the problem. Having just discovered this board and read through most of the posts, tedious but necessary, I have started to feel uncomfortable with my choice of college. I hadn't realised the importance of the social side of being attached to a particular college, and that the provision of meals helps to foster the college spirit. When I applied last October, my fear of having to share a room made me feel that I could only apply to JB, but now I see that it isn't actually the end of the world:redface: .
I want to try and switch to a college where meals are provided, not too formal, with good choice of sports - hockey is my game, and the vibes form this board lead me to Collingwood, maybe Trevelyan.

My other concern with JB, is the fact that you are encouraged to return to your college for the final year, which means that you would have to have an exact group of 6 people to share, which may or may not be the original 6 people, whereas in other colleges, this is not an issue:confused:

Finally, is it possible to switch college after offer is made and how should I approach it without alienating anyone? I know poepel have sadi that it can be done once you are at Durham, but I would really prefer to start at the right college in October.

Does this all make sense?

Latest