The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I got the Fawlty Towers box set (can it really be called a box set when they only made 12 episodes :rolleyes:?) and the Austin Powers movies :biggrin:.
DVDs can provide you with the means to have a good time, however socks definatley save the mess.

Both are valuable in their own way.
Oh yeah, I got Peep Show Season 1 - 3

YES OH YES
Reply 23
I got DVDs and socks.
Reply 24
My dad gets socks each year from my sister so it's still a routine thing even in this day-and-age :p:
Reply 25
Cortez
I didn't get any and I didn't buy any either :smile:

Got some socks though :laugh:

:ditto:
And pants. ^o)
They weren't even good socks, either.
Reply 26
Mad Vlad
:ditto:
And pants. ^o)
They weren't even good socks, either.

awww :frown:

Mine were the ones I normally have so it's all good :smile:
Reply 27
I could have done with some socks this year actually, I didn't get any! Not even one! The washing machine at home seems to be some sort of bermuda's triangle for socks. I always go back to uni with fewer socks then I came with :frown:

DVDs, I got 24 S5 which is great and I bought two which were well received. I got a few amazon gift vouchers too which really are uninspiring.
I got a DVD about socks.
Nah I got both, although I was a bit more pleased with the socks than some of the DVDs! You can't go wrong with polar-bear socks. I did get Beverley Hills cop though, and that's a classic!
Reply 29
King Of Leon
I could have done with some socks this year actually, I didn't get any! Not even one! The washing machine at home seems to be some sort of bermuda's triangle for socks. I always go back to uni with fewer socks then I came with :frown:

every washing machines like that, im sure they are all links to another dimension made up purely of odd socks
Reply 30
Grrr, the thing is that when I'm at uni I have an impecable record of sock preservation. Its only when my washing comes home that socks start to disappear.

I'm starting to think my mum is stealing my socks in a cunning ploy to stop me bringing my washing home :eek:

Sorry to have gone off topic! I do think it can be a bit boring to get people DVDs unless they are something they are particularly interested in :smile:
I disagree with the OP, esecially having received socks myself this christmas. For one thing DVDs are, in most cases, more expensive than socks. Also you can put some thought into which dvd to buy someone. Normally when I am given DVDs I don't have to try too hard to appear grateful. This was not the case with my socks.
I got six DVD's and eight pairs of socks...

>.<
Reply 33
Cortez
I didn't get any and I didn't buy any either :smile:

Got some socks though :laugh:

:ditto: i got socks.
Reply 34
'Tis weird, I always feel bad doing the "bulk amazon, one-stop-Christmas-shop" and buying everyone either a book, CD or DVD, it just feels like I really didn't try because it's so easy, but then, my favourite gifts to recieve are always one of those three things.

I got... 4 DVD box sets and another DVD for christmas and bought two DVDs for other people.
I got DVDs but I am happy with them as they are films that I love.

I also got socks. I love socks and spend far too much money buying them so that was probably a good choice of gift.
cheap deodorant sets are clearly the new 'socks' for men IMO

every year i get bought loads of crappy sets of odd smelling deodorant/aftershave that i wont wear.

yes i know the thought counts, but its a really lazy present.
I hear ya, but there's something about slipping on a new pair of socks over slipping on a DVD that probably ain't that great.

Latest

Trending

Trending