The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE Economics A591/01 and A591/02

Scroll to see replies

Original post by VivekJ555
Nope
2 was the profit bit
2 was the supply curve graph

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nopeoop the supply curve was a completely different question.
Original post by FTSE420
We did have to draw a S&D curve (which was four marks and had to include supply labelled and the equilibrium). That graph was about cupcakes and how it shifted to the left because the cost of production increasing. The profit calculation was on a completely different page...it was about car manufacture scenario

yeh he's right. was the supply curve inelastic or normal

Posted from TSR Mobile
was it just me or was the markets paper a lot harder????!!!!!? :/
Original post by rutabaga
what did everyone get for the calculation question? i got 20,00?

yaassss :biggrin:
Reply 44
Original post by FTSE420
We did have to draw a S&D curve (which was four marks and had to include supply labelled and the equilibrium). That graph was about cupcakes and how it shifted to the left because the cost of production increasing. The profit calculation was on a completely different page...it was about car manufacture scenario

Oh
Wow I just lost 4 marks!!
The grade boundaries for an A* is normally around 52
I need an A*
Well with 4 marks already gone I've lost that I guess
Bloody hell!
****!
Crap!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
Original post by alice.ronalene
was it just me or was the markets paper a lot harder????!!!!!? :/

It was harder than recent years
Hopefully the boundaries will be lower

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
Guys for the very first question on unit 1
Did you put Train / Ship as capital
And the occupational director as Labour?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was a hard question that was
Really confused me

Posted from TSR Mobile
It was a hard question that was
Really confused me

Posted from TSR Mobile

thats what i put

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put ship for capital and ship caption for labour
Reply 50
Original post by alice.ronalene
thats what i put

Hmm weird question wasn't it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51
I TOLD YOU GUYS
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1433179156.870280.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mustapha2015
yeh he's right. was the supply curve inelastic or normal

Posted from TSR Mobile

The supply curve just shifted to the left??? There was no question about inelastic supply. The question was asking about how cost of production affects the supply. The CoP increased, meaning it is more expensive to supply so supply decreases, shifting to the left. The only question there was related to elasticity was 'what does elasticity of demand is'.

I looked through my paper several times once I finished and there was only one graph question.

I TOLD YOU GUYS
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1433179156.870280.jpg
Posted from TSR Mobile

The calculation was on a different page to the supply and demand graph. It was a four mark question.
This is what I can imagine the mark scheme would say after looking at previous ones.

Mark One: Adding a correctly drawn supply curve that has shifted to the left
Mark Two: Labelling this supply curve with S2 / S1 depending on how you labelled the other supply
Mark Three: Jotting down the equilibrium showing that price increases
Mark Four: Jotting down the other part of the equilibrium showing that quantity decreases.

You had to label the equilibrium stuff (I am guessing) as the next question asked what would happen to the revenue, which would have increased as they'd sell products for higher prices and still maintain demand. Also, for a four mark question it would require more than a shift and label.

The calculation was a four mark question. I can imagine the marks came from:

Mark One: Multiplying 30 by 1000 to get 30000 (total revenue)
Mark Two: Adding the variable and fixed costs to get 10000 (total costs)
Mark Three: Subtracting total costs from total revenue to get 20,000
Mark Four: Displaying 20,000 as your final answer (believe me some people may get the correct working but then put 2000 as their final answer or something like that)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by FTSE420
The supply curve just shifted to the left??? There was no question about inelastic supply. The question was asking about how cost of production affects the supply. The CoP increased, meaning it is more expensive to supply so supply decreases, shifting to the left. The only question there was related to elasticity was 'what does elasticity of demand is'.

I looked through my paper several times once I finished and there was only one graph question.

The calculation was on a different page to the supply and demand graph. It was a four mark question.
This is what I can imagine the mark scheme would say after looking at previous ones.

Mark Two: Labelling this supply curve with S2 / S1 depending on how you labelled the other supply
Mark Four: Jotting down the other part of the equilibrium showing that quantity decreases.

You had to label the equilibrium stuff (I am guessing) as the next question asked what would happen to the revenue, which would have increased as they'd sell products for higher prices and still maintain demand. Also, for a four mark question it would require more than a shift and label.

Mark Four: Displaying 20,000 as your final answer (believe me some people may get the correct working but then put 2000 as their final answer or something like that)

ffs i always forget to do equilibrium wtf and i did not understand like the whole of question 1 the Astar is out of the window for paper one
and paper 2 was harder than usual too like the income for housholds and fig analysis im worried about thos
and paper 3 is the worst so idek what im doing anymore my dreams of becoming an investment banker are down the drain!
Reply 54
Original post by FTSE420

I just asked my tutor
He has the paper now and he went through it
You're mistaken it was on the same
Page
No, you don't get a mark for equilibrium
It's one mark for the supply curve and one mark for labelling it 'S'
The Equilibrium was not needed, if you did that's fine but wasn't needed
There was 2 marks available for profit calculation
My tutor said no will ask for a calculation no more than 3 marks
It's an A01 Question, not A02
I don't even know what that means xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did supply curve shift left or right? Cos it said demand increased so i thought that supply would increase aswell?
Reply 56
Original post by Desouza123
Did supply curve shift left or right? Cos it said demand increased so i thought that supply would increase aswell?

Supply shifted to the left.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Supply shifted to the left.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If supply shifted left then quantity demanded would fall but it said demand for cupcakes increased? Idk im confused
I just asked my tutor
He has the paper now and he went through it
You're mistaken it was on the same
Page
No, you don't get a mark for equilibrium
It's one mark for the supply curve and one mark for labelling it 'S'
The Equilibrium was not needed, if you did that's fine but wasn't needed
There was 2 marks available for profit calculation
My tutor said no will ask for a calculation no more than 3 marks
It's an A01 Question, not A02
I don't even know what that means xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Am I talking about the correct curve e.g. the cupcake one or did I miss out a question? I did the calculation and everything. There wasn't one about elasticity of supply though it was just about costs of production. So my question is was there only one diagram we had to do in the WHOLE paper?

I am surprised your tutor has the paper tbh. I thought OCR didn't release it for like another 10 days or something.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by FTSE420
Am I talking about the correct curve e.g. the cupcake one or did I miss out a question? I did the calculation and everything. There wasn't one about elasticity of supply though it was just about costs of production. So my question is was there only one diagram we had to do in the WHOLE paper?

I am surprised your tutor has the paper tbh. I thought OCR didn't release it for like another 10 days or something.

Yes i fully agree with you. The calculation question was worth 4 marks, and the graph question was completely different. Also, it is very strange that his tutor has the paper straight away. i believe that he is either lying or he is doing drugs or some illegal activity. Not Sure?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending