The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Hound is so much fun!
It's just a great atmosphere* and although the music is the same every week (and the records skip), at least it's not "classic cheese" or fake-indie played on a CD player.

*Everyone is battered
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 41
chocolateflake99
I've never been to Planet of Sound either! Was going to go in Freshers' week but I was too sick:frown:

Get your ass there! It's awesome :biggrin:

I think I'll be there next Friday for mine and my mates birthday.....yay! :biggrin:
Well, a place where everyone is battered is generally a good place if I'm battered so I'll drink before I go!

I tend to go to Klute(I am sure I have advertised my love for that place on here before lol)....

Going to Loveshack on Monday I think.It's my friend's birthday and she <3s Loveshack...I've never been there either. I imagine it to be a bit...chavvy?
Reply 43
chocolateflake99
Well, a place where everyone is battered is generally a good place if I'm battered so I'll drink before I go!

I tend to go to Klute(I am sure I have advertised my love for that place on here before lol)....

Going to Loveshack on Monday I think.It's my friend's birthday and she <3s Loveshack...I've never been there either. I imagine it to be a bit...chavvy?

I really like Loveshack! It's a million times better than Klute (IMO). And no matter what your sexual orientation, you can't help but stare at the girls dancing behind the bar. Such grace!
Reply 44
Jelkin
I really like Loveshack! It's a million times better than Klute (IMO). And no matter what your sexual orientation, you can't help but stare at the girls dancing behind the bar. Such grace!

I've been to Loveshack ONCE. I was incredibly drunk, and the girls behind the bar - OH MY GOD! My friend (who for her, it was also her first time there) spotted them and was like "OH MY GOD...look behind the bar!"...obviousy her "OH MY GOD" was a different type to mine....I thanked her for pointing them out, then she pulled my head away from looking. Not fair :frown:
Ah OK,well I love Klute so Loveshack should be f**king immense (not to be too blunt!)...dancing girls,yay.Lol.

I need Kluteage however:frown:*Tuesday Danni,Tuesday!*

I WILL show up to some lectures next week, in between trying to make up for a month of missed partying in Durham!
Reply 46
I still haven't been to PoS! :eek:
Reply 47
dobbs
I've been to Loveshack ONCE. I was incredibly drunk, and the girls behind the bar - OH MY GOD! My friend (who for her, it was also her first time there) spotted them and was like "OH MY GOD...look behind the bar!"...obviousy her "OH MY GOD" was a different type to mine....I thanked her for pointing them out, then she pulled my head away from looking. Not fair :frown:

Hell, whenever I go there with my boyfriend, we're BOTH staring.

Danni, I don't want to raise your expectations up too much - I mean, I really don't like Klute that much, and you think it's awesome, so we clearly have different clubbing tastes.

What really won me over to Loveshack was that my first night there was "Willy Wonka Night" (or something) and, as well as a guy dressed as Willy Wonka, they also had a load of midgets dressed as oopma loompas (from the 70s version) and a massive chocolate fountain! I accidentally dipped banana in it though. :frown: I threw it away.
Reply 48
Jelkin
Hell, whenever I go there with my boyfriend, we're BOTH staring.

Danni, I don't want to raise your expectations up too much - I mean, I really don't like Klute that much, and you think it's awesome, so we clearly have different clubbing tastes.

What really won me over to Loveshack was that my first night there was "Willy Wonka Night" (or something) and, as well as a guy dressed as Willy Wonka, they also had a load of midgets dressed as oopma loompas (from the 70s version) and a massive chocolate fountain! I accidentally dipped banana in it though. :frown: I threw it away.

Why did I have to be abroad and miss that!!
I must go to Loveshack whilst I'm in Durham this time round.
Reply 49
Eblurvesu
Come to Newcastle on the train... I work in Starbucks there

So exactly how far away is Newcastle from Durham?

*looks on map*

Ah...right :frown: I suppose this means I have to invest in a coffee machine.

Clubs can never replace coffee shops. They don't smell as good! Hope the oompah loompahs are there when (and if) I come though. They'd be fun to steal, bathe in glitter, and keep as pets.
chocolateflake99
Indeed,but it is likely you will get stabbed/mugged/attacked on the way there:smile:

Nah, its in the retail park which i feel fairly safe in. I drive there now, but from the campus the only problem is crossing the main road. The centre of Stockton isn't too wonderful at night, but ive never had any problems and as long as you stick to the highstreet and don't go wandering around back roads etc you shouldn't have many problems.
Hehe,I was joking:smile:
Reply 52
'don't come too close, you don't wanna see my ghost'

- Matchbox by the Kooks! Great song, great album. Songs rather annoyingly remain in the head for rather a long time though, preventing necessary study. Good old Kooks though.
Reply 53
Becca
I still haven't been to PoS! :eek:

You suck :mad:
Reply 54
dobbs
You suck :mad:

I know!
Even ive been to PoS! Not this year though...although I should be coming in a couple of weeks for a friends bday thing!
I've missed 2 hounds since the beginning of 2nd year (including "international hound" before the start of term).
Christ that's over £150 I've spent on tickets alone, not to mention the drinks on the nights. :s
Reply 57
Just don;t think about it, Matt. Thinking about things like that can only cause you pain.
I cried when I thought about how much money I spent on flapjack last term.

Not even something which provided me with a good time or anything,purely a sugar fix!Grrr.
Reply 59
Flapjack DOES show you a good time.

Mmmmmm.

Latest