The Student Room Group

Apprenticeship

I recently got offered an apprenticeship at Starbucks (I applied ages ago) I want to go and try it out but the only thing that is stopping me is my college, I just finished my first year and now moving onto my second year.

Is it possible to do apprenticeship whilst also still going to college?
Reply 1
Original post by Kimmkimmsaidhii
I recently got offered an apprenticeship at Starbucks (I applied ages ago) I want to go and try it out but the only thing that is stopping me is my college, I just finished my first year and now moving onto my second year.

not entirely sure about the whole process of apprenticeships as i plan on going to university, but as far as i'm aware you do have to attend college while doing an apprenticeship.

my boyfriend is an electrician apprentice and he attends college once a week (on thursdays), but his course is based around his apprenticeship, so i'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. if your course is based on your apprenticeship i assume you could just speak to your college about it and arrange a time table for when you're at work and when you're at college.
Reply 2
Original post by Kimmkimmsaidhii

You can't do an apprenticeship and attend a separate course at college.

If it's an actual apprenticeship, the employer has to provide you with training that is inline with the official guidelines.

AKA you'd have to drop out of your current course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending