The Student Room Group

Feedback on 25 marker

Can anyone give me some feedback on my 25 marker it got marked 17/25 and I was wondering what I could do to improve.

Will the increased use of e-commerce lead to all retailers operating only online?(25 marks)

Only through e-commerce can be risky depending on which kind of market a business is in. It is impossible to make a judgement on unless more information on the retailer’s demographic is given.
E-commerce is the buying and selling of goods and services using an electronic network, such as the internet.
On one hand, e-commerce gives businesses easier access to global markets. This means that a business can find more customers and sell to them. Therefore, leading to an increase in sales. However, when a business becomes only online it can be expensive to set up. The company must put money into setting up an online store, shipping methods etc. Because the barrier to entry for online markets is lower that means the markets are more competitive. By moving all operations online, a business is accepting the risk of dealing with a more competitive and saturated market. Although, the increased use of e-commerce highlights that it is a profitable venture, going to the extent of moving all operations online might be too much of a risk.
On the other hand, partial operation online may be a better solution. Some businesses i.e., cafés will lose a lot of sales if they only operate online, if they even can operate online that is. Or places that sell an experience online like Disneyland, which would not translate well to e-commerce at all. A business like Starbucks is a perfect example of a partial online shopping experience. Although most of their sales come from face-to-face interactions it still has a large portion of sales on apps like Deliveroo (which have exploded in popularity in recent years). By not only moving some focus to e-commerce and operating in both the real and online world a business can make the most of both methods. Despite this, businesses that focus solely on operating online will probably come out on top in terms of e-commerce in comparison to a company like Starbucks that operates outside of the internet too. For instance, on apps like Deliveroo ghost kitchens dominate the space. These are restaurants that operate online only with no physical stores for people to eat at.
In conclusion, I believe that the increase in use of e-commerce will not lead to all retailers moving all operations online. Although, many businesses may move all operations online, it depends on the nature of the business and most importantly what kind of product it is marketing. As technology advances and the internet becomes more and more accessible the e-commerce market will rapidly increase in size and not having online operations will be a missed opportunity for an easy to way to increase sales and expand the customer base. In the short term moving everything online would be costly to set up. However, in the long term, it can be seen as an investment to build a strong foundation into a rapidly growing industry. I believe that the solution is to move some operations online to help negate some of the risks and costs of moving everything online.
Reply 1
No 25 marker is that short bro.
Reply 2
Original post by Hasbo2005
No 25 marker is that short bro.

what kind of stuff could I add to it? just more detail and maybe include some models or something?
Reply 3
I don't know, ask your teacher.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending